Partick Thistle v Dumbarton - Saturday 5th December

redandyellowallover

Hopefully we can keep our wee run of good form going and get another 3 points.

Would be good to have a really good performance for 90 mins to go along with the result but would settle for the 3 points! Not heard any news of any potential players returning from injury but I would be going with the same 11 as the last 2 games anyway, but would be good to have options on the bench.

Cove Rangers and Falkirk both have home games you'd expect them to win so not much prospect of them dropping points this weekend.

• Like 1

Any chance of making it 5 wins in a row:

2-0 v East Fife (H) 

1-0 v Momtrose (A) 

2-0 v Dumbarton (H) 

2-1 v Forfar (A) 

2-1 v Peterhead (H) 

To be anywhere Falkirk, Cove & Airdrie after the first set of fixtures I think we need to think in terms of 5 wins! 

I know times have changed but I seem to recall that traditionally Dumbarton and Peterhead were teams  we found difficult to beat! 

Fingers crossed for Thistle win. Happy to go with GRE's 2-0 prediction. 

13 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Any chance of making it 5 wins in a row:

2-0 v East Fife (H) 

1-0 v Momtrose (A) 

2-0 v Dumbarton (H) 

2-1 v Forfar (A) 

2-1 v Peterhead (H) 

To be anywhere Falkirk, Cove & Airdrie after the first set of fixtures I think we need to think in terms of 5 wins! 

I know times have changed but I seem to recall that traditionally Dumbarton and Peterhead were teams  we found difficult to beat! 

Fingers crossed for Thistle win. Happy to go with GRE's 2-0 prediction. 

The only time I can recall us playing Peterhead in the League was the promotion season 2005-6 when we had to face them 6 times, including the 2 play off final games. Overall result 1 win via fortunate deflected free kick in the last minute, 1 draw and 4 defeats. So, yes, we did find them difficult to beat!

19 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Given the amount of artificial surfaces in this league, winning at home is even more crucial this season.  I appreciate we're missing so many players that no home game can be described as a "should be routine home win" so be happy enough if we were to just scrape the three points tomorrow. 

We've been perfectly capable of losing on grass in recent seasons.

Have you any evidence to back up your fear of plastic pitches?

I'd rather an artificial surface in winter rather than a boggy mud heap. That's more conducive to a leveller imo.

Anyway far too much positivity this week but I just can't see past a Jags win.

Duffy will keep it tight I think and play a compact 4-4-2 so we should be able to break them down and grab a goal or two...

Edited by jagfox

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

We've been perfectly capable of losing on grass in recent seasons.

Have you any evidence to back up your fear of plastic pitches?

I'd rather an artificial surface in winter rather than a boggy mud heap. That's more conducive to a leveller imo.

Anyway far too much positivity this week but I just can't see past a Jags win.

Duffy will keep it tight I think and play a compact 4-4-2 so we should be able to break them down and grab a goal or two...

Take your point about muddy pitches. Playing on such can be every bit the leveller of artificial surfaces. Hopefully that won't be the case much with Firhill, tho' I'd be pleasantly surprised if the pitch holds up well today.

Previous couple of seasons with our crap form we may well have benefited playing on these "leveller" surfaces :)

18 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Take your point about muddy pitches. Playing on such can be every bit the leveller of artificial surfaces. Hopefully that won't be the case much with Firhill, tho' I'd be pleasantly surprised if the pitch holds up well today.

Previous couple of seasons with our crap form we may well have benefited playing on these "leveller" surfaces :)

I wonder what our record is on artificial surfaces? I remember the old Annfield effort. That was brutal but the technology has come on leaps and (truer) bounds, imo.