Partick Thistle v Dumbarton - Saturday 5th December

redandyellowallover

Unlike most, I saw enough there to give me more confidence for the rest of the season. We are improving game on game in terms of performance and now have a solid looking back 5 (four successive clean sheets). Obviously don’t score enough, but play like that (and get some forward players back as we are missing a few) and we should be in with a shout (possibly through the playoffs if Falkirk don’t slip up enough)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 points thrown away. Sitters missed in first half, could have been 4 up. Delivery in the second half was poor, no composure. Need to improve that quickly and if the injured forward players are not coming back soon we need to look at the transfer window to get another option in. That assumes we win some games this month to keep us in the top 4. Can’t see us catching Falkirk with the available players.

3 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Unlike most, I saw enough there to give me more confidence for the rest of the season. We are improving game on game in terms of performance and now have a solid looking back 5 (four successive clean sheets). Obviously don’t score enough, but play like that (and get some forward players back as we are missing a few) and we should be in with a shout (possibly through the playoffs if Falkirk don’t slip up enough)

On the basis of today we definitely are improving at becoming even less clinical. That's been the story of our season. 

We are extremely predictable in how we attack, given we have next to no pace in the team. 

10 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Thanks for the preview of the managers post match interview.

12 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I agree. Front to back we look a very solid and decent team. Bannigan and Docherty are really starting to gel in midfield. Penrice looks a lot better in midfield and Senna, Brownlie and Foster had a very comfortable game.

Our inability to convert today was really down to not having someone up front closer to Graham. Murray was out of sorts and not reall in the game. Cardle had a good game but most of his work was outsided the box. Williamson got into really good positions but his normal good delivery to the far post was all over the place today.

We needed a second striker today in a game that was pretty much played in and round Dumbartons 18 yard box.

We will play a lot worse and win comfortably.

There was clearly nobody lurking in the box and few prepared to run into the box - until Gordon came on, after which he and Graham seemed to get in each other's way. Why do we insist on punting crosses into the middle of the box, then? (Not to mention the standard lower-league Scottish giant centre-back opposition.)

Williamson only needs to work on one thing: making sure he can put a cross in with his left foot. That alone would make him unpredictable and threatening for any opposition defence. (The one-footedness is a wretched habit which coaching should break: all professionals should be equally capable with either foot - including Bannigan!)