You are the ref

elevenone

The player did nothing wrong in the way he scored. If he had,  the goal would not have counted. It's not even unsporting conduct. 

I did see in one of yesterday's papers that he was cautioned for the altercation afterwards. He didn't do anything then either! Crazy!

Edited by East Kent Jag II
Last sentence

Watched the full game as my mate over in Germany is a Stuttgart fan.

I'll ask his opinion but the one thing I know, is that German football fans do not like unsporting behaviour.

As an example, my mate wasn't too pleased when Germany hammered Brazil 7-1 in the WC.

Said it was terrible to watch and that Germany should have stopped at 4. He was deadly serious.

I'd rang him up, thinking he'd be bouncing but he was pretty disappointed with it.  

32 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

I'll ask his opinion but the one thing I know, is that German football fans do not like unsporting behaviour.

As an example, my mate wasn't too pleased when Germany hammered Brazil 7-1 in the WC.

Said it was terrible to watch and that Germany should have stopped at 4. He was deadly serious.

I'd rang him up, thinking he'd be bouncing but he was pretty disappointed with it.  

His answer is this;

"Silas is a very young player and I hope he will learn that you just don't do that".

3 hours ago, CotterJag said:

It was maybe our sporting sense of fair play that saved Celtic from being horsed 8-0 in the League Cup Final. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It does look harsh, but .....

it was the last minute, so could it be counted as time wasting ? - If I was the ref, I'd have blown for full time before he put it in :sarcastic:

Could it be counted as inciting the crowd (imagine if it had been an OF game ?) even though the crowd wasn't there ?

You can't be time wasting if the ball is in play- it is up to the opposition to hurry you up. This is why keepers, when leading, can wait till an opponent gets near before picking the ball up- till then the ball is in play and the Keeper can take all the time he likes.

11 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Interesting that in a country that doesn’t seem to like this kind of thing that both clips are from the German league.

I think it's more about the other teams, Stuttgart in this case, not wanting to be like the arrogant Bayern Munich.

Munich voted the KHR goal as goal of the season, which the fans of other clubs would see as typical of The Rangers Munich.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:29 PM, Duke Gekantawa said:

You can't be time wasting if the ball is in play- it is up to the opposition to hurry you up. This is why keepers, when leading, can wait till an opponent gets near before picking the ball up- till then the ball is in play and the Keeper can take all the time he likes.

That reminded me of the time Thistle got a free kick awarded against them for keeping the ball during the Tennents Sixes even though we didn't break any actual rules. Ended up alright in the end though...