Forfar 4 Thistle 5 Saturday 12.....

Jimmy McD

terrible first half, much better in the second. Could have scored another 2 or 3. Watched the stream on Facebook and donated the money to Caroline's page. The stream was quite poor, no idea what the camera was following some of the time and no sound. If we can get a win and another clean sheet next that would do nicely to finish the first round of games.

Thistle are way better than nearly all these teams. 

Forfar, Montrose, E Fife, Dumbarton are rank rotten. Banzo, Docherty, Penrice, Foster and others are vastly superior players to the garbage that’s placed in front of us every week.

But we should be humping them 7-0. We are dreadful in and around the box.  Penrice was terrific in assisting both goals but we desperately need some composure in delivery and movement.

We've looked a comfortably better team than any of the opposition we have played so far including Falkirk. We've really tightened up in defence and dominate in midfield.

Today I thought we always looked comfortable and it was just a question of could we break through. We had more of a cutting edge when Gordon came on as he played more central and closer to Graham. The midfield 3 of Bannigan, Docherty and Penrice is starting to gel quite well. At the back Sena is looking a real find. Foster and Brownlie are strolling most games.

In attack I was a bit frustrated with Cardle and Williamson. The system we play almost affords Cardle a free role so he got lots of time and space on the ball but didn't use it particularly well.  Our back 4 is constructed to also allow Williamson to get forward and he got into some great positions but didn't really do anything with the cross. I thought it was telling that the both goals came from the left side.

If we can get a few more attacking options back we should be in with a shout of winning this league. Not sure how bad Murray's injury is but Gordon has probably earned his place for next week. Once Rudden and Spittal are fit I would like to see them in place of Murray/Gordon and Cardle.

Another promising result and you can defintely see McCall's team taking shape.

• Like 2