Forfar 4 Thistle 5 Saturday 12.....

Jimmy McD

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

He is the Forfar Athletic manager :lol:

A solid win and good to see the goals beginning to get spread about. About time Docherty stuck away one his chances and hopefully a confidence boost for him and Shea going forward.

A two goal win a significant as nearly if not all winners of this league have scored an average of two goals or more per game. We're playing catch up on that front and we've dropped crucial points already due to a paucity in front of goal.

as said the defence and central midfield are as good as any in this league. We now move  onto being more creative in the final third hopefully.

We look pretty organised and disciplined and the players are showing a bit more charcter. Bring on the fishermen!

I would probably say that it’s about 50/50 between points lost because we didn’t take chances and because we couldn’t defend properly. Cove & Falkirk were probably defensive lapses(although Graham’s penalty miss was definitely a missed chance). Dumbarton definitely down to the strikers and Clyde we were just rubbish all round.

9 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

There is a lad playing for Inverness who is on loan from Rangers called Kia Kennedy. The loan at the moment is only till the end of this month. This lad is going to be the next star of Scottish football. Get him and and a fast striker and the league would be ours.

He’s a 3ft midget 

Falkirk have a tough game at home to Airdrie on Saturday, and we are off to Peterhead. 

If things remain "as you were" come 5pm this Saturday, it makes the game on Boxing Day crucial. Win it and the league is back on. Lose it, and the league title is effectively over thanks to our awful start yet again. Massive two weeks. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

I loved how much the players enjoyed scoring, the likes of Penrice and Foster then when the 2nd went in big Senna was up celebrating with Banzo, Graham, Doch etc, seems like there is a good team spirit and a bit of needle about getting it up these teams when we score. Reading on P&B the Forfar fans moaning because we were kicking the ball away at every free kick and shy makes me happy. Come on Jags!

52 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

On Sena, could moving him to Central Defence be our “Paton to midfield” moment ? At the time it was forced to make numbers, but appears to have settled the whole team.

He seems to stay calm even in the middle of action, seems to know when to put in a tackle, when to wait, and when just to block. He also looks tough. He kind of reminds me of Abdul Osman when he was at his best for us.

Sena has been a revelation at CB. I agree his presence seems to settle the whole team. Only wee criticism is that two or three times this season he has almost been robbed of the ball facing his own goal. Usually tries to out-fox the attacker as opposed to playing an easy back pass to the goalkeeper. Noticed McCall pulled him up for it on Saturday. Fortunately, it has yet to result in a goal. 

13 hours ago, jags on tour said:

I loved how much the players enjoyed scoring, the likes of Penrice and Foster then when the 2nd went in big Senna was up celebrating with Banzo, Graham, Doch etc, seems like there is a good team spirit and a bit of needle about getting it up these teams when we score. Reading on P&B the Forfar fans moaning because we were kicking the ball away at every free kick and shy makes me happy. Come on Jags!

That's great to hear.

Has frustrated me for years that every team coming to Firhill engages in that sort of stuff (as well as stealing yards at throws and free-kicks) as a matter of routine, always getting away with it and frequently profiting from it, yet we rarely do.

If there's an advantage to be gained without sanction from our lazy and incompetent officials, for God's sake take it, everyone else does at our expense.

Retaining Sena at centreback requires Brownlie moving over to his left side. But that doesn't seem to be too much of a problem at the moment. I'd like to think that having a midfielder move back will result in more considered balls out of defence, as opposed to the pass the buck or lump it approach of the previous two seasons. 

McCall will have a further problem, albeit a good problem, when McKenna & Breen are back fit. I get the impression that both of them were also looking the part before injury. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

On 12/14/2020 at 1:09 AM, Jaggernaut said:

Yep, but IMO, the best Thistle goal this weekend was the women's 3rd against Glasgow Women.

Liked the second goal as it came from a flowing passing movement and very good finish. Third goal from almost out of nothing. The tall no. 9 (I think), made a quick through pass and what about the composure of the finish? 

Both very good goals. 

Big well done to the Ladies.