Thistle v Peterhead 19/12/2020

East Kent Jag II

18 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Gary Fraser of Peterhead had his SFA appeal Hearing today, against his red card last Saturday against East Fife. His red card was downgraded to yellow,  and he is available to play against his old team on Saturday. (Us.)

Most unusual for the SFA Appeals panel to do us a favour .   :unknw:

He better not smack the ball into any of our cardboard cut outs behind the goal.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Gary Fraser of Peterhead had his SFA appeal Hearing today, against his red card last Saturday against East Fife. His red card was downgraded to yellow,  and he is available to play against his old team on Saturday. (Us.)

Most unusual for the SFA Appeals panel to do us a favour .   :unknw:

I suspect you are being tongue-in-cheek but it won't be a favour if he scores from 25/30 yards! 

Then again we know he can do this so I am sure one of our midfielders will be told to mark him and not let him shoot at goal from outside the box! 

Elementary!!!!!! 

52 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I suspect you are being tongue-in-cheek but it won't be a favour if he scores from 25/30 yards! 

Then again we know he can do this so I am sure one of our midfielders will be told to mark him and not let him shoot at goal from outside the box! 

Elementary!!!!!! 

Yes  -  tongue in cheek, and  his prowess from distance will be noted.  But there's no truth in the rumour that that wee lassie he fired the ball at at Parkhead has been given a tin hat.

His sending off was downgraded as Peterhead provided video evidence that the alleged head butt didn't happen.  Did he try and miss?

Edited by East Kent Jag II
Spelling correction.

Any idea how Gary Fraser is playing? Is he fully fit and having a run of games?

He had a brilliant end to the 2013-2014 season and probably an even better start to 2014-2015. Superb finish to team move, followed by brilliant long pass right on to the foot of SOD for 3rd and 4th goals v Ross County at home, and then absolute screamer v Dundee away. After that did he ever have a consistent run of consecutive games for us, and did he ever score again at Firhill?

I recall a good performance and goal in the 4-0 away win at Inverness, and also a goal in the 5-2 away at Kilmarnock, but no recollection of any more goals at Firhill. Hopefully he will not start again now.

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

He had a brilliant end to the 2013-2014 season and probably an even better start to 2014-2015. Superb finish to team move, followed by brilliant long pass right on to the foot of SOD for 3rd and 4th goals v Ross County at home, and then absolute screamer v Dundee away. After that did he ever have a consistent run of consecutive games for us, and did he ever score again at Firhill?

I recall a good performance and goal in the 4-0 away win at Inverness, and also a goal in the 5-2 away at Kilmarnock, but no recollection of any more goals at Firhill. Hopefully he will not start again now.

He scored the equaliser v. Dundee United when we had an injury crises and played a bunch of lads.

37 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

I thought he would have been one that moved on to bigger and better, but injury and perhaps attitude seen him follow us to the sea side league. He seemed to have it all but instead became a liability.

To me he never look anything more than average; couldn't figure out why some supporters thought he could be great.

He clearly didn't turn out to be great.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

To me he never look anything more than average; couldn't figure out why some supporters thought he could be great.

He was capable of doing great things. We just didnt see enough of it. Unfortunately he was seeking medical attention more than he was playing

14 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I don't think Gary will ever be fully fit due to the injury he got playing for us. Is getting 90 mins regularly enough tho'.  Andy McCarthy getting a fair amount of playing time as well.

5 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Not superstitious in any way but as long as:-

@Garscube Road End 2 does not predict a Thistle win.

@Bobby Houston  gets his cargo chilling early.

and

@westertonjagfan  stays in toilet for the 90mins, then I will be confident.

:fan:

:)

Definitely-I've set an alarm on my phone to go every couple of minutes so we can win 45-0 (another clean sheet)

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

He scored the equaliser v. Dundee United when we had an injury crises and played a bunch of lads.

Thank you. I remember that game very well, but not Gary's goal! It was some performance by the young lads, because if I recall correctly Dundee United were Scotland's second best team at the time, before they lost Armstrong, Mackay-Steven and Ciftci.

17 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Totally agree.

Could hardly believe we kept him and Bannigan after their injuries and got rid of Welsh.

Baffled to this day about that one. 

8 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Thank you. I remember that game very well, but not Gary's goal! It was some performance by the young lads, because if I recall correctly Dundee United were Scotland's second best team at the time, before they lost Armstrong, Mackay-Steven and Ciftci.

That’s cos he has the wrong game. The game referred to was a 2-2 draw - Dools and Stevenson.

GF scored the season previous against DU - a corner worked back and a low deflected drive from corner of box.