Thistle v Peterhead 19/12/2020

East Kent Jag II

14 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Totally agree.

Could hardly believe we kept him and Bannigan after their injuries and got rid of Welsh.

Baffled to this day about that one. 

Sean Welsh was very frequently injured during his time at PTFC (always out for "6 weeks" at a time) and to me often looked quite tentative in midfield when he did return to play. He did have a number of good performances for us however.

I can't believe that people on here are creaming their pants over wins against East Fife, Montrose and Forfar. How low have we fallen ? We should not be playing these teachers, taxi drivers and postmen if it wasn't for McCall getting us relegated. Remember he was brought in to get us to the Championship playoffs last year, not the League One playoffs this year..

I'll give him the benefit that it is not his fault that our leading striker has missed 2 penalties in a row, but if he misses a third, that is McCalls fault. We score so few goals against these dross part timers that we can't afford to pass up golden chances. For defenses facing us, it must be like getting attacked by dead sheep and why do we not have a plan B when it's not working ?

As for the recent results, I don't believe that McCall takes much credit. Were his hand not been forced by injuries, Sneddon would still be in goal, Penrice at left back and Sena picking splinters out his bum sitting on the bench. Left to his own devices I have no doubt we would currently be closer to second bottom than second top. 

Edited by McCall Out
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

2 players back in training this week according to the manager's update, but he's not divulging who they are.

Playing mind games ahead of the crunch match. Hopefully McInally has not sent anyone, in true Marcelo Bielsa style, to have us spied on in training.

50 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

I can't believe that people on here are creaming their pants over wins against East Fife, Montrose and Forfar. How low have we fallen ? We should not be playing these teachers, taxi drivers and postmen if it wasn't for McCall getting us relegated. Remember he was brought in to get us to the Championship playoffs last year, not the League One playoffs this year..

I'll give him the benefit that it is not his fault that our leading striker has missed 2 penalties in a row, but if he misses a third, that is McCalls fault. We score so few goals against these dross part timers that we can't afford to pass up golden chances. For defenses facing us, it must be like getting attacked by dead sheep and why do we not have a plan B when it's not working ?

As for the recent results, I don't believe that McCall takes much credit. Were his hand not been forced by injuries, Sneddon would still be in goal, Penrice at left back and Sena picking splinters out his bum sitting on the bench. Left to his own devices I have no doubt we would currently be closer to second bottom than second top. 

Wow. Back with a bang Mr Meldrew aka troll. 

1 hour ago, McCall Out said:

While i would never speak for others i can only speak for how i feel. I do not 'cream my pants' whenever Thistle beat the teams you mention, but if Thistle win any game i am very happy no matter the opposition. We are where we are and if we want to get out this league we will need to win our games, no matter who it is against. McCall is not blameless for the league we find ourselves in, but he is not alone. Interesting that you blame McCall for most things that go wrong, but now that we are on a bit of a run you decide that is down to luck and not to do with McCall, going by your forum name i should not be surprised by that though. I hope starting tomorrow until the end of the season i will be celebrating Thistle victories, or as you call it 'creaming your pants'.

1 hour ago, McCall Out said:

We're winning games, even with horrendous injuries. That's what matters just now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redandyellowallover said:

2 players back in training this week according to the manager's update, but he's not divulging who they are.

Would imagine that one of them will be Rhys Breen who had been quoted as being close to a return. Hopefully Spittal is one of them, could do with more attacking options.

Breen was on the bench last week. We had 7 subs last week, how many are allowed?

On 12/17/2020 at 11:40 PM, CotterJag said:

Totally agree.

Could hardly believe we kept him and Bannigan after their injuries and got rid of Welsh.

Baffled to this day about that one. 

The way I heard it suggests Welsh was released by the club more or less at his own request. He wasn't got 'rid of' !  I recall at the time Archibald saying Welsh had approached him seeking an assurance  that he would be given more playing time. Archibald told him he couldn't give him the asdurance/guarantee he was looking for so subsequently Welsh left the club. I did not read anywhere that Archibald wanted him to leave! 

Others closer to the club and more regular attenders to games who are better informed  will probably know better

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 6:16 PM, Garscube Road End 2 said:

5-0 Thistle.

I would be over the moon if this was the score. Scoring goals and beating Peterhead would be great. 

Unfortunately we don't appear to have a team or players who can score more than 2 goals in a game. Additionally Peterhead is one of the two teams (Dumbarton was the other) I identified that we find hard to beat. At best I expect a very tight, nervy  game that could go either way! 

My heart hopes for the 5-0 but tradition suggests otherwise and perhaps even a Peterhead win! Hope I am wrong!! 

26 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Anybody buzzin' yet?

Cook's made some delicious smoked salmon vol au vents and I believe there's ample left over roquefort. My local vintner suggested a 2012 Volnay Reserve, which I'll uncork to bring to chambre shortly. After all it's just another routine league game.

• Haha 1