Another kick in the baws

jaggy

4 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Not to do with this funding but another example of the poor governance we now have in Scottish Football:

https://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/news/club-statement-2591249.html

Thank feck we still have these dickheads around, I was worried who would fill the void when trump is no longer president 

I see the SPFL have signed a new two and a half year deal with The Lomond Group  for Glen's vodka and some of their other brands to  sponsor the leagues.  Never heard of Glen's vodka.  SPFL describe the drink as "The Spirit of the Scottish Professional Football League"  Who thought up that mouthful? (Not the vodka.) Big deal is it? I thought football was moving away from alcohol and gambling sponsorship.  Obviously not.

I've seen nothing on the actual  cash involved .  Has anyone seen how much our esteemed SPFL £350,000 exec has signed us up for? Does it cover his salary?

On 12/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, Fawlty Towers said:

Not to do with this funding but another example of the poor governance we now have in Scottish Football:

https://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/news/club-statement-2591249.html

Further proof, as if it was needed, that Scottish Football is run by complete incompetents. Reading that statement it seemed shambolic even by their standards, they clearly don't know or don't feel obliged to follow their own rules. Perhaps I've underestimated them again. 

2 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I see the SPFL have signed a new two and a half year deal with The Lomond Group  for Glen's vodka and some of their other brands to  sponsor the leagues.  Never heard of Glen's vodka.  SPFL describe the drink as "The Spirit of the Scottish Professional Football League"  Who thought up that mouthful? (Not the vodka.) Big deal is it? I thought football was moving away from alcohol and gambling sponsorship.  Obviously not.

I've seen nothing on the actual  cash involved .  Has anyone seen how much our esteemed SPFL £350,000 exec has signed us up for? Does it cover his salary?

Glen's Vodka widely sold in Scotland usually as a "House Brand". Sells well enough as a special offer vodka now that happy hours are outlawed. No doubt enjoys considerable invisible sales (decanted into the Smirnoff bottle) in the less scrupulously run premises. :)   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I’m sure there were many sporting bodies lining up to do a sponsorship deal with Glen’s vodka.

Congratulations to N Doncaster for pulling off this coup. Yet again he has shown that he is tireless in his desire to ameliorate the standing of Scottish football. Without him, who knows where we would be today. Hooray!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Be thankful of that, cheap paint stripper is what it is.

Edited by Pinhead
  • Like 1