Falkirk v Thistle Boxing Day

elevenone

Reading the Falkirk threads on PandB they sound just like Thistle. Dominating the first half, not taking chances and no where near as good in the second half and losing 1-0. Of course the one main difference is they are top of the league. A draw would not be the worst result, but we really need to go out to win it and put some doubt in their minds and put any thought of us winning the title back on.

36 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Good idea by Falkirk, that will be two home games they have saved in electricity.

I wonder if we will follow suit when we transfer over to fan ownership given the top priority was being carbon neutral.......... 

You can hardly fault our players in that regard. Been saving in energy all season.

23 hours ago, elevenone said:

£13.99 ppv a tad on the steep side for this game.

They obviously expect to make or want to make a number of signings in January. They are in pole position with being top of the league - there will be a big attendance in terms of viewers for this game so obviously they look to make as much money as possible to help them in the January window

if we are to have any chance of promotion we will need to spend to get some goalscorers in

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

They obviously expect to make or want to make a number of signings in January. They are in pole position with being top of the league - there will be a big attendance in terms of viewers for this game so obviously they look to make as much money as possible to help them in the January window

if we are to have any chance of promotion we will need to spend to get some goalscorers in

In which case I’ll give the money to Thistle instead.. we will need it to strengthen in January! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Good idea by Falkirk, that will be two home games they have saved in electricity.

I wonder if we will follow suit when we transfer over to fan ownership given the top priority was being carbon neutral.......... 

Fair point MJ. I've often wondered why games in the winter have to start at 3.00. Possibly a legacy of the days when part-time players had to finish their work on a Saturday morning. [In fact, they used to be 3.15 KOs until newspapers lobbied the authorities to start them earlier to allow them time to prepare their copy. ]  With no fans involved can't see any reason why they couldn't be played in daylight.

22 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Fair point MJ. I've often wondered why games in the winter have to start at 3.00. Possibly a legacy of the days when part-time players had to finish their work on a Saturday morning. [In fact, they used to be 3.15 KOs until newspapers lobbied the authorities to start them earlier to allow them time to prepare their copy. ]  With no fans involved can't see any reason why they couldn't be played in daylight.

TV.

Need an exemption to allow a game to clash with a televised match and since it is back to back games on a Saturday, 3pm (or 9am) would be the only options.