Falkirk v Thistle Boxing Day

elevenone

48 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Who the fxck are we going to buy with your £13.99 subbuteo players 

Hope not: they're all injury prone, judging from the number of broken legs mine used to get (admittedly, from me kneeling on them).

Despite glue, some of them never fully regained their pre-injury form, and others' injuries were career-ending. They got binned.

Still got a few teams, still looking fit and healthy, decades later!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

IMG-0137.jpg

Our league contained Man Utd, Burnley,Linfield, Real Madrid, Brazil and Thistle. We won the league a few times and I think the White City Cup is in my loft. I seem to recall Jimmy Bone being our top scorer.  When a player got injured you just stuck him back on till eventually he looked like he was sitting on the base. No money for reserves back then. (We lived in a hole in the road, worked a 25 hour day for tuppence and got beaten with a broken bottle)

11 minutes ago, belfastjag said:

Our league contained Man Utd, Burnley,Linfield, Real Madrid, Brazil and Thistle. We won the league a few times and I think the White City Cup is in my loft. I seem to recall Jimmy Bone being our top scorer.  When a player got injured you just stuck him back on till eventually he looked like he was sitting on the base. No money for reserves back then. (We lived in a hole in the road, worked a 25 hour day for tuppence and got beaten with a broken bottle)

I'm reading "Shuggie Bain" just now. You must have finished it before me!! :happy2:

• Haha 1

I managed to  acquire the Jags subbuteo team wearing the proper strip - broad red and yellow hoops with white shorts! 

I still play usually with my 9 year old grandson who supports Newcastle  (his dad is a Geordie) and he  has the Newcastle team. Don't recall the red and yellow ever losing to the black and whites.  OK ok I know as a grandad I should let him win occasionally, but come on its the Jags!! 

Falkirk have scored 13 goals in the 6 league matches since we played them at Firhil. We've only scored 5 goals in our 6 games.  The only slightly hopeful straw I can clutch at is they score most of their goals away from home and lost at home last week. On balance I'd rather see Graham fully fit and starting in this game tho' I maybe shouldn't be too fussed either way.

I also have a subbuteo team that has an all  dark blue strip whom I call Falkirk.   The Red and Yellow always win that game!. 

In recent games the Jags have beaten Ajax, Barcelona & Real Madrid. If only subbuteo was reflective of real life.............. sigh! 

Think we will be doing well to get a draw but hope BH is right. 

Up the Jags. 

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Big game the day lads! Any scabby ridiculous win please. 1-0 with 1 % possession in the 94th minute will do.

I fear the conditions and lack of lighting could hinder our expansive free flowing style of football today...