Falkirk v Thistle Boxing Day

elevenone

As you go down the leagues it becomes incredibly difficult to get sent off for dissent. Extremely difficult to excuse Rudden for that nonsense. Looked like we were playing fairly well at that particular time as well. 

Happy enough with a draw under the circumstances. Defence appeared to play well and for once they weren't enjoying the defensive mid cover from Docherty. Given the conditions it's rather surprising it ended goalless

I’ll very reluctantly take a point due to been down to ten men for most pg th second-half . Wtf Rudden was doing!Bottom line, is that we’re decent at the back, competent in midfield but in the name of the wee man we’re absolutely pony up front: where we have precious few ides and don’t present much of a goal threat.

• Like 1

Think we’ve seen enough of the squad to know McCall needs to sign a striker in January (although our delivery is equally poor).. at this rate we could end up conceding the least number of goals in the league but still miss the playoffs! 

Edited by JAG1970

5 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I’ll very reluctantly take a point due to been down to ten men for most pg th second-half . Wtf Rudden was doing!Bottom line, is that we’re decent at the back, competent in midfield but in the name of the wee man we’re absolutely pony up front: where we have precious few ides and don’t present much of a goal threat.

Surely we need a more creative midfield to give our strikers more service. Our problems arent just up front.

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Surely we need a more creative midfield to give our strikers more service. Our problems arent just up front.

You're right but it's kinda chicken and egg. A new striker would be signed to play alongside either Graham or Rudden. That in effect takes one midfielder out the pack. Realistically I think hanging onto Spittal for the season is about the best we can hope for in terms of added midfield creativity. 

3 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You're right but it's kinda chicken and egg. A new striker would be signed to play alongside either Graham or Rudden. That in effect takes one midfielder out the pack. Realistically I think hanging onto Spittal for the season is about the best we can hope for in terms of added midfield creativity. 

I would agree on your comments regards Spittal. 

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Surely a new striker would be to compete with them for a place? Graham could have been dropped and we can’t rely on Rudden or Salim not be injured 

Bannigan and docherty too similar in style and neither score goals. Agree Spittal may be the missing link but equally I agree our strikers are letting us down. Falkirk no great shakes so all to play for but we can't afford many slip ups. Can we get a striker in in January....

5 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Bannigan and docherty too similar in style and neither score goals. Agree Spittal may be the missing link but equally I agree our strikers are letting us down. Falkirk no great shakes so all to play for but we can't afford many slip ups. Can we get a striker in in January....

Reminds me of our Osman Barton partnership 

Thought banzo was good today, Docherty is busy but doesn’t have great quality on the ball. Murray and Gordon are complete passengers. Cardle is a spent force. The striker on loan from livi has been a complete disaster. Why is he still unable to play? Rudden looked promising before he lost the plot. He’s been described as a big ned from leith, and completely lived up to that today. 

1 hour ago, Paukea said:

Our shortcomings are glaringly obvious to everyone 

GET THE TOP END SORTED

if Murray starts again next week I give in. He’s played every game practically this season and I can’t remember one thing he has done.

it’s not only him though

Scored at Montrose - but yeah 

Ian must make the big decision and bin a few players at the window. I know injuries have not helped but as they say it's a results business. What;s the use of keeping players that are no just good  enough?  I hope Rudden gets a large fine from the club and is also dropped for a few games. We can't afford  players to carry on like that. Falkirk are not a great team but it's going to be hard to catch them if we don't sort things out.

16 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

Ian must make the big decision and bin a few players at the window. I know injuries have not helped but as they say it's a results business. What;s the use of keeping players that are no just good  enough?  I hope Rudden gets a large fine from the club and is also dropped for a few games. We can't afford  players to carry on like that. Falkirk are not a great team but it's going to be hard to catch them if we don't sort things out.

Or bin himself and get in someone who can organise a team to get results. We have the players who can win this league