Players out injured..

Jimmy McD

Why is it that we the paying fans never get a true update  on injuries..We have had guys out for 3 weeks 6 weeks 9 weeks and still we get no real reason WHY..What's the Answer?They don't know ? Afraid to tell the truth in case the opposition are watching ?  It would be nice to be kept up to date with more information rather than be treated like a mushroom..

Edited by Jimmy McD
Delete all duplicated

Why is it that we the paying fans never get a true update  on injuries..We have had guys out for 3 weeks 6 weeks 9 weeks and still we get no real reason WHY..What's the Answer?They don't know ? Afraid to tell the truth in case the opposition are watching ?  It would be nice to be kept up to date with more information rather than be treated like a mushroom..

Edited by Jimmy McD

13 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

The club stated Spittal will be back next week for the Clyde game.

the players are entitled to patient confidentiality the same as you or I. It was alluded to that a member of the squad had been affected by a mental health issue. Should this be publicly detailed? ,

Would you like your medical history publicly shared?

17 minutes ago, jagfox said:

the players are entitled to patient confidentiality the same as you or I. It was alluded to that a member of the squad had been affected by a mental health issue. Should this be publicly detailed? ,

Think you are being a tad snowflake there.

I agree that communication from the club, particularly this season, has been poor. 

I have drawn attention to the lack of comment from our CEO and Board about performances and results, in a sense the lack of leadership, on another thread.  The public persona of the club just now seems to be the playing side in the form of the manager's preview of  and reaction to games. 

I have read comments from the manager about 'hoping to have a couple of players back on the bench next week or in a couple of weeks'. There has though been no names nor any specific information. 

What information do you want beyond the above, for example, Spittal will be back in 3 weeks or, we have no idea when Rudden will be fit as his knee problem hasn't yet been identified so we are sending him for a scan'? 

I don't think the comment about telling the opposition is relevant in terms of the general injury situation but is so for short term or injuries sustained in training close to match day! 

15 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

McCall is far from the most tight lipped of managers. I understand why he'll not mention much re Rudden's red card but why injuries appear to be treated as an "internal matter" is rather strange.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 11:32 AM, jagfox said:

The manager mentioned the mental health issue.

Its normal for a football club to state that player X has such and such injury and will be out for another Y weeks. 
We have had guys out for a long time, way longer than initially said yet no update, Salim Kouider-Aissa was reported  in October to be back in 2 weeks, not a peep since

On 12/27/2020 at 12:40 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

McCall is far from the most tight lipped of managers. I understand why he'll not mention much re Rudden's red card but why injuries appear to be treated as an "internal matter" is rather strange.

I read McCall's reaction to the Falkirk game and noted he glossed over Rudden's red card. My first though was he should have clarified why Rudden behaved as he did. For example, was Rudden being kicked from pillar to post and not getting any protection from the referee? 

On second thoughts I thought he was correct to focus on the impact it had on the game and compliment the midfield and defence for getting us the point. 

Everyone in football has to be careful about what they say as any hint of criticism will stimulate a response from an establishment which is so concerned with protecting its dignity and integrity to the point it fails to see it has no dignity or integrity! 

Dean Watson being recalled points to just how depleted the squad is at the moment.  

We certainly can't afford any more cards so it's been good to see Banzo getting through games unnoticed recently.  Not suggesting he deserved attention, the opposite actually, he seems to be playing with a lot more composure and maturity and fewer impulsive challenges.

11 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

Dean Watson being recalled points to just how depleted the squad is at the moment.  

We certainly can't afford any more cards so it's been good to see Banzo getting through games unnoticed recently.  Not suggesting he deserved attention, the opposite actually, he seems to be playing with a lot more composure and maturity and fewer impulsive challenges.

Agreed. He appears more assured when he stops, turns, and makes a neat sideways pass. Time and again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2