Next Two Games

Jaggernaut

Next two games  are at home.

Nothing less than maximum points will be enough if we want to have any realistic ambition of even just putting in a serious attempt to win the league.

I'm far from confident that this team will win those two matches. In fact how could anybody be confident when they look at the overall results this season (not to mention the past three years)?

Hope, yes; confidence, nope.

The poorest team in the league (whoever that is) is capable of a clean sheet against our attack. And home advantage, which with a larger playing surface should be considerable, hasn't materialised.  But then again we wouldn't be in the top half of the league if we weren't capable of winning at home. 

Haven't yet decided if my glass is half full or half empty.

35 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Next two games  are at home.

Nothing less than maximum points will be enough if we want to have any realistic ambition of even just putting in a serious attempt to win the league.

I'm far from confident that this team will win those two matches. In fact how could anybody be confident when they look at the overall results this season (not to mention the past three years)?

Hope, yes; confidence, nope.

Agree that the next 2 home games are must win if we want to put pressure on Falkirk. But the position we are in at the moment it is vital we start winning games and keep winning. Our 3rd league game in January is away at Airdrie so yet another vital  game. I hope that McCall has identified the players he wants in and we can get them in early in the transfer window.

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The poorest team in the league (whoever that is) is capable of a clean sheet against our attack. And home advantage, which with a larger playing surface should be considerable, hasn't materialised.  But then again we wouldn't be in the top half of the league if we weren't capable of winning at home. 

When it comes to hogmanay i am sure your glass will be full.:drink2:

42 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

At least you have a glass

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I hope that McCall has identified the players he wants in and we can get them in early in the transfer window.

For me this is key. The attacking players that have been available for the first 10 league games haven’t been good enough. It’s too risky to assume that Rudden or our other missing striker will be the catalyst to fire up our attack. Quite where we get quality with experience, and whether we have the funds, remains to be seen. But changes are required. 

• Like 1