JAGS V GYPSIES ,TRAMPS,&THIEVES 02/01/2021

Jimmy McD

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Can't see the point in putting on the USH. It's only really done when the heating is likely to cost less than the drop in revenue from a rearranged midweek game. 

Having the game rescheduled might also allow time for any new recruits to join and injuries to clear up

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Can't see the point in putting on the USH. It's only really done when the heating is likely to cost less than the drop in revenue from a rearranged midweek game. 

I would think there will be games cancelled this weekend. If we can get this game played and win, it could put pressure on the teams above us. Of course if we play and don't win it, we will wish the game hadn't been played.

28 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Having the game rescheduled might also allow time for any new recruits to join and injuries to clear up

I know we are not setting the heather on fire just now, but Clyde fans also hope the game is cancelled as they feel the need more new players in.

37 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We don’t score when we have a striker. Looks like Graham and SKA are still injured with Rudden suspended. I can’t see who will win it for us, so a postponement might be our best chance 

Get Big Niang up top for game because if he plays at the back he will be tore a new arse by Goodwillie 

4 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Get Big Niang up top for game because if he plays at the back he will be tore a new arse by Goodwillie 

Don’t see that logic Bobby.  Niang is raw but has been part of a fairly tight defence of late.  Brownlie with a lot more games under his belt would be just as vulnerable to Goodwillie.  Would rather Niang played against players like him to sharpen him up for the future.  

That said not objecting to Niang being lobbed up front for set pieces as Clyde’s defence is rank.

20 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We don’t score when we have a striker. Looks like Graham and SKA are still injured with Rudden suspended. I can’t see who will win it for us, so a postponement might be our best chance 

It certainly won't be Cardle! 

How about a Penrice free kick or penalty (if he is allowed to take it)! 

20 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

It certainly won't be Cardle! 

How about a Penrice free kick or penalty (if he is allowed to take it)! 

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (and I am off the pace) but jusy noticed Stephen Robinson has resigned as manager of Motherwell. Feels he has taken the club as far as he can and its time for someone fresh to take over. He will take a break and then look for a new challenge! 

There's been some debate about replacing McCall. My view is well known that he should be given more time. However if he was replaced Robinson would be the perfect fit! He says he needs a new challenge and I suspect he will be looking at England or abroad. If he prefers to stay in Scotland can anyone think of a bigger challenge than Partick Thistle FC?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (and I am off the pace) but jusy noticed Stephen Robinson has resigned as manager of Motherwell. Feels he has taken the club as far as he can and its time for someone fresh to take over. He will take a break and then look for a new challenge! 

There's been some debate about replacing McCall. My view is well known that he should be given more time. However if he was replaced Robinson would be the perfect fit! He says he needs a new challenge and I suspect he will be looking at England or abroad. If he prefers to stay in Scotland can anyone think of a bigger challenge than Partick Thistle FC?

Would depend on whether the club can afford to pay off the manager and backroom staff to commit to a fresh face/management team.

If that's the case, then another factor to consider by any new incumbent before accepting the position would be what exactly is the new player budget in January & summer going to be - no investment or minimal investment by the board in new players would not be a good sign for anyone contemplating signing on as a new manager.

A final consideration is that managers who resign will usually have had a nod & a wink for another job - walking out on the security of the remainder of a contract would be unusual.

Game will be off. I don’t believe there’s a rule that USH has to be used if available. We won’t be losing any money with a rearranged fixture and it will allow us to get players back.

Does Ruddens suspension move to the next game or the rearranged Clyde game?

24 minutes ago, p12tfc said:

Game will be off. I don’t believe there’s a rule that USH has to be used if available. We won’t be losing any money with a rearranged fixture and it will allow us to get players back.

I think the suspension would be the next league game which is Cove at Firhill in a fortnight.

4 hours ago, p12tfc said:

I may be a hopelessly naive optimist ("Yes you are," I hear you all say), but I am a great believer in being positive and trying to play the game if at all possible. Our  successful 2000-2001 3rd tier promotion campaign was given a huge boost by playing right through the winter. By the time our competitors emerged from hibernation, we had vanished over the horizon. If we do not play, other sides might start to stretch away ahead of us and this will only increase the pressure on, and the nervousness of, our team.

I appreciate that we have some injury absentees, but that is always the case and who knows whether we might have more injuries/suspensions before a re-arranged fixture. Clyde may have players coming back or running into form then. Points on the board and a confidence boost is what we need. Running scared of playing Clyde at home just seems all wrong to me.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

Would depend on whether the club can afford to pay off the manager and backroom staff to commit to a fresh face/management team.

If that's the case, then another factor to consider by any new incumbent before accepting the position would be what exactly is the new player budget in January & summer going to be - no investment or minimal investment by the board in new players would not be a good sign for anyone contemplating signing on as a new manager.

A final consideration is that managers who resign will usually have had a nod & a wink for another job - walking out on the security of the remainder of a contract would be unusual.

All good points. 

Still it will give the McCall faction something to ponder! 

I would’ve thought when we put out the tweet saying about the pitch inspection it would’ve said ‘we’ve had the heating on and are confident of it going ahead’ but it doesn’t look like we have bothered, I suppose we’ll know as Rangers will have had their heating on for the big match which is a 12.30 KO.