JAGS V GYPSIES ,TRAMPS,&THIEVES 02/01/2021

Jimmy McD

14 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I would’ve thought when we put out the tweet saying about the pitch inspection it would’ve said ‘we’ve had the heating on and are confident of it going ahead’ but it doesn’t look like we have bothered, I suppose we’ll know as Rangers will have had their heating on for the big match which is a 12.30 KO. 

Having the heating on for 2 days plus floodlights from 2pm will cost the club around £10000, all at a time when no fans are paying in. Not having the heating on will save us around £6000, it makes perfect financial sense not to have it on as a rearranged game won’t affect the crowd or income, I think we should be kicking of at 12 in the winter in empty stadiums to remove the cost of floodlights 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Having the heating on for 2 days plus floodlights from 2pm will cost the club around £10000, all at a time when no fans are paying in. Not having the heating on will save us around £6000, it makes perfect financial sense not to have it on as a rearranged game won’t affect the crowd or income, I think we should be kicking of at 12 in the winter in empty stadiums to remove the cost of floodlights 

Exactly this 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Summer football is a no-brainer!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Agree the game should start early at 12.00 but think we should have used USH as and advantage and took the £6000 hit. Favour fortunes the bold and if we could have had that one more game last year we might have not been in this league.  Is there not a two week gap until our next game which would give all teams and chance to rest injuries. I have also been looking at some weather sites and there is some forecasting for another "Beast from the East" mid January so again I think with a win today the adavantage gained may have been an opportunity lost.........Edited to catch up...Summer Football my bestest top choice

Edited by topcat

11 minutes ago, topcat said:

Agree the game should start early at 12.00 but think we should have used USH as and advantage and took the £6000 hit. Favour fortunes the bold and if we could have had that one more game last year we might have not been in this league.  Is there not a two week gap until our next game which would give all teams and chance to rest injuries. I have also been looking at some weather sites and there is some forecasting for another "Beast from the East" mid January so again I think with a win today the adavantage gained may have been an opportunity lost.........Edited to catch up...Summer Football my bestest top choice

Looks like we've got a game every Saturday until the end of the season. So this (and any other postponements) will be played mid-week. The heating and floodlights will need to be paid for then too.

39 minutes ago, scotty said:

Looks like we've got a game every Saturday until the end of the season. So this (and any other postponements) will be played mid-week. The heating and floodlights will need to be paid for then too.

Lights yes but heating no. Quick check of the forecast shows that on Wednesday 13th Jan the temp should be around 5 or 6 degrees

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Exactly this 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I guess what we don’t know is how many people are actually paying to watch the streams of games.

The weather forecast for the next week is unchanged, generally freezing. So is it simply up to the club whether the under soil heating is used or not?
If McCall gets to sign a couple of players or he has a strong squad to choose from does that drive the decision if we think it’s advantageous to us? I’m assuming the SFL/SFA cannot enforce the club to incur the expense of using the USH particularly when supporters cannot attend games?

36 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Running scared of Clyde? Lol. A mew low for us.

I think we were running scared of the economics of putting the game on as others have articulated. Even with our strikers fit I'm fairly certain the same call would be made. 

7 hours ago, scotty said:

Summer football is a no-brainer!

I agree totally about summer football. Football in Scotland needs to be totally re-vamped and this would be a logical step. Almost everyone I know supports this.

Unfortunately it needs to be well organised and driven by professionals who know what they’re doing. Change is good but only if it’s done well and that lot running Scottish football wouldn’t know where to start.

Overall, a decent day for us.  Falkirk lose again, and Montrose drop a point at home.  Unfortunately Cove Rangers win.  Our decision not to turn on USH entirely the right one as it saves us approx. £6000 and gives us time to get players back and strengthen the squad, before the potential banana skin of Clyde.

I think it's a good decision for all the reasons already given plus:. 

- with our luck playing the game on a dodgy surface would probably have resulted in a couple of injuries one due to playing surface and another courtesy  of Clyde

- Clyde would have fancied their chances given our goal scoring form and injuries so this decision will sicken them - and that's good

- rearranged game will be an evening kick-off under floodlights; last such game I saw was a Scottish Cup tie years ago; from memory Clyde were the better team but Jags had the better individual players and won a tight match 3-2. A good omen!