The Jags Foundation?

Fawlty Towers

Now at over 800 people signed up!

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/

Interesting in recent weeks that clubs have been submitting their accounts for the last year and 2 fan owned clubs, St Mirren & Motherwell, have reported profits. However we also have Kilmarnock (wealthy business man owner) talking of seven figure loss and Dundee United (wealthy busisness man owner) with wage cuts and after asking fans group for £100K earlier are now back again doing an Oliver Twist impression.

• Like 1

I've signed up for this, but I'm a very sceptical about fan ownership. I think 1000 is a fairly disappointing number in more than 3 weeks, especially when all we are asked to do for now is register interest. When we are asked for money that number will likely drop again. I don't see how much money the club will get as income from even 1000 members.

Also, I'm knocking on a bit and I think we have a bit of an ageing support. Out of 4 of us that attend regularly only 1 of our 10 children between us have continued to support the club, even though most of them went to games when they were kids. So as older members pass on will there be enough youngsters coming through to maintain the numbers needed?

Someone please convince me this will work.

4 hours ago, jaggy said:

I've signed up for this, but I'm a very sceptical about fan ownership. I think 1000 is a fairly disappointing number in more than 3 weeks, especially when all we are asked to do for now is register interest. When we are asked for money that number will likely drop again. I don't see how much money the club will get as income from even 1000 members.

Also, I'm knocking on a bit and I think we have a bit of an ageing support. Out of 4 of us that attend regularly only 1 of our 10 children between us have continued to support the club, even though most of them went to games when they were kids. So as older members pass on will there be enough youngsters coming through to maintain the numbers needed?

Someone please convince me this will work.

Thistle do tend to have that effect on their supporters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Been off here for a while, has anything been communicated as to when the fans start to take the club and ground over?

There has not been an update since the last one posted. However I am sure that the work continues behind the scenes. Given the time of the season the people currently in charge are going to be very busy (even more so given everything that clubs need to do regarding Covid) so that won't help.

If the guys involved in the Foundation are as smart as I think they are I would be looking to see an update, even if it is not earth shattering, for the QoS game to coincide with the start of the Championship. One of the guys does post on here, and in fact posted on a different subject today, so maybe could inform us.

Hope you make it back from the Fjords to see us at Firhill soon.