Who’s missing the Fitba ?

Bobbyhouston

We were in a position we should never have been in is a fact. But what is also a fact we were relegated by a vote where every club voted in self interest and i include our club in that. If you want an example about how clubs and fans are fickle just look at pie and bovril. Falkirk fans who moaned about the season stopping early last season, now saying they should cut this season to 18 games to complete it. Anything to do with them being top of the league.:thinking:

37 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Typical BBC reporting here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56142531

Significant only in what's missing. Namely there's no "Spokesman Said".

As an opinion piece it seems to cover the options. I suspect the author has given the subject far more consideration than the SFA has. 

On 2/25/2021 at 6:50 PM, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Getting your knickers in a twist and there is nothing you can do! Thistle are caught in thus mess because we are in League 1. A league we shouldn't have been near. Take your anger out on our own people who failed the club entirely. 

you need to stop wearing your boyfriends knickers 

44 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

At this glacial pace we’d be better ploughing up the pitch now and planting totties....that’s the only way we’ll get activity on the pitch and some income this season  ....am up for a bag or two ! .

Might even improve the playing surface.

Still better than astroturf

I watched the Hearts game on Friday night and it was absolutely mince but it had me thinking, this is the stuff we were accustomed to see every week for quite some time. Do I miss 90 minutes of frustratingly bad passing, aimless kicks up and out the park, unworked keepers, probably not. It just goes to show but, even teams with a budget like Hearts are all playing the same way. For so called professional full time teams, its merely trumped up amateur stuff. Guys like Neilson thinking their Guardiola with their tactics and guff. 60 - 70% possession looks good but when none of it is in the final third, your just kidding yourself on. I mean we had games were we were going 45 mins or more without a shot on target against part time teams. So to answer the question, "wha's missing the fitba", im afraid to say, no me

3 hours ago, MonehJags said:

I watched the Hearts game on Friday night and it was absolutely mince but it had me thinking, this is the stuff we were accustomed to see every week for quite some time. Do I miss 90 minutes of frustratingly bad passing, aimless kicks up and out the park, unworked keepers, probably not. It just goes to show but, even teams with a budget like Hearts are all playing the same way. For so called professional full time teams, its merely trumped up amateur stuff. Guys like Neilson thinking their Guardiola with their tactics and guff. 60 - 70% possession looks good but when none of it is in the final third, your just kidding yourself on. I mean we had games were we were going 45 mins or more without a shot on target against part time teams. So to answer the question, "wha's missing the fitba", im afraid to say, no me

Mince? I think you were being rather generous to them.

I guess I'm missing the Jagszone games on a Saturday but that's mostly because of the inertia of lockdown. Certainly miss the pub a lot more. It's going to games that I long for the most. I take on board there's much lacking in entertainment value these days, but I still wish I could get to the games even to have a grumble. That said I'm missing going to hear live music more than going to the football and that's not always been the case.

4 hours ago, MonehJags said:

In a parallel universe I would've been just home from pub in time to see most of that game. Probably enjoying a malt or two in the house as a bonus. Having watched that game I'd later be having a serious talk to myself about my alcohol intake, doubtlessly resolving to take it easy on that front for a while. So I'd have been extremely relieved yesterday morning to find out that Miles Storey DID score a goal from more than two feet from goal AND Danny Devine was actually named Man of the Match! :D

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

In a parallel universe I would've been just home from pub in time to see most of that game. Probably enjoying a malt or two in the house as a bonus. Having watched that game I'd later be having a serious talk to myself about my alcohol intake, doubtlessly resolving to take it easy on that front for a while. So I'd have been extremely relieved yesterday morning to find out that Miles Storey DID score a goal from more than two feet from goal AND Danny Devine was actually named Man of the Match! :D

Amazing to think that after that brilliant 3-1 away win at Ross County  in the teeth of Storm Barbara, my daughter and I drove home singing (to the Cliff Richard tune):

Christmas Time, Lindsay and Devine

Dools our super Number Nine

With Tomas in fine form

And Chris in the mood

Christmas for Jags fans is looking good

Our time will come again!

23 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Amazing to think that after that brilliant 3-1 away win at Ross County  in the teeth of Storm Barbara, my daughter and I drove home singing (to the Cliff Richard tune):

Christmas Time, Lindsay and Devine

Dools our super Number Nine

With Tomas in fine form

And Chris in the mood

Christmas for Jags fans is looking good

Our time will come again!

Your eyesight must be amazing to see that!

3 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

OT but well done St Johnstone...boring as a wet Wednesday in Stepps  ,however, able to punch above their weigh on a relatively regular basis ...no reason why we can’t do the same .

This. They have now won both cups in the last 7 years. We've won both cups once in 100 years????

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

Well done the saints & hard luck livi ... hope both sets of fans enjoyed their day their own way ... wish it was us.

Unlike monehjags, I cannot wait to get back to watching mince fitba at firhill, bemoaning 75% possession with no shots on target, enjoying a few beers with the lads, getting a game of 11s and 7s, getting down to Troon on 31st July to see the Fingers, going up to the Fife coastal path to walk  the dug, maybe getting another dug for a ridiculous price, going into a shop to try on a pair if jeans that might actually fit my expanding waistline, going to see a film at the GFT in the area I grew up in, and speaking to people unafraid they'll catch something from me that might end them or someone closest to them - cannot effing wait :drink2:

When we were in the premier imo St.Johnstone were the benchmark. Well run of the park and well run on it. Whenever they changed their manager they always got somebody in who just carried on where the previous manager had left of. I know their style of play was not liked by most on this forum, in fact i remember a few posting on this forum that they would rather Thistle got relegated than play like them. Careful for what you wish for. They are never mentioned when relegation is spoke about and if they do have a bad run they then follow it up with a good run. I heard them say say on the news last night that they are the second most successful team in Scotland in the last 10 years. Also congratulations to ex jag Callum Booth for being part of the league cup winning side. Did a good job for us and also a very nice guy.