Stuart Kettlewell

Bobbyhouston

59 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Any reason why the op has asked this as pretty sure McCall is not going anywhere l. If a vacancy did arrive I’d certainly rather have kettlewell than the other same old tired names that  pop up as soon as we have a vacancy eg Jim Duffy, Danny Lennon, jim McIntyre 

For some reason Bobby Williamson used to crop up quite often when we were looking for a new manager.

There have certainly been some weird potential candidates. I even remember the ex St Johnstone keeper Rhodes (whom I detested as a player!) saying he wanted to manage us. (According to Wiki, he's currently assistant manager at Oldham, and the faither of Jordan Rhodes).

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Any reason why the op has asked this as pretty sure McCall is not going anywhere l. If a vacancy did arrive I’d certainly rather have kettlewell than the other same old tired names that  pop up as soon as we have a vacancy eg Jim Duffy, Danny Lennon, jim McIntyre 

Kettlewell probably had a decent budget and struggled after his co-manager was moved 'upstairs' but he didn't do to well on his own

6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He likes starting new threads!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Bugger all else to speculate and pontificate about.

I'd take him if it meant the end of McCall

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

For some reason Bobby Williamson used to crop up quite often when we were looking for a new manager.

There have certainly been some weird potential candidates. I even remember the ex St Johnstone keeper Rhodes (whom I detested as a player!) saying he wanted to manage us. (According to Wiki, he's currently assistant manager at Oldham, and the faither of Jordan Rhodes).

Didn’t know about Rhodes wanting to manage us, was he a supporter when he was young?

Regards managing Thistle, it needs a rather eccentric, gifted manager to be successful at our club. In my time of supporting Thistle(52 years), I have seen 3 successful managers, McParland with his revolutionary style with his talented young side, Bertie Auld, who done a fantastic job unearthing diamonds and journeymen and was definitely an eccentric character and the indomitable John Lambie, a head banger, who could motivate his teams to perform above their level. All of these managers had fantastic man management about them. I sincerely thought McCall had it, but no. So. This club is eccentric and is one of the hardest jobs in Scottish football. 

16 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Didn’t know about Rhodes wanting to manage us, was he a supporter when he was young?

Don't think so. He'd just retired as a player, and at the time we had just parted company with our manager (I don't remember who), and Rhodes was in the papers saying he'd love to get into management by taking on the challenge of managing Thistle.

11 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Regards managing Thistle, it needs a rather eccentric, gifted manager to be successful at our club. In my time of supporting Thistle(52 years), I have seen 3 successful managers, McParland with his revolutionary style with his talented young side, Bertie Auld, who done a fantastic job unearthing diamonds and journeymen and was definitely an eccentric character and the indomitable John Lambie, a head banger, who could motivate his teams to perform above their level. All of these managers had fantastic man management about them. I sincerely thought McCall had it, but no. So. This club is eccentric and is one of the hardest jobs in Scottish football. 

Not sure what your criteria of successful is as I don’t recall auld winning anything at Thistle.  

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Not sure what your criteria of successful is as I don’t recall auld winning anything at Thistle.  

First division title. Although we didn't win anything else, we got to 3 cup semi finals which we hadn't done in years and only done once since. Also, season after winning first division we got 5th in the Premier Division,  a feat not achieved since. With a largely part time squad.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

1 hour ago, marcia blaine said:

Kettlewell shaves his widow’s peak off in a wee triangle on his forehead, and it’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.

Therefore it’s a cast iron “no” from me.

C2DFB0AB-1626-41D9-94C6-B0DE668F832E.jpeg

Might be a victim of lockdown haircut from hell.I had one the other day...was beginning to look like Danny Lennon till the wife got a hold of me and the cat’s clippers ...I now look like Davie  Dodds  :bag:

Edited by Anniesland Jag

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

First division title. Although we didn't win anything else, we got to 3 cup semi finals which we hadn't done in years and only done once since. Also, season after winning first division we got 5th in the Premier Division,  a feat not achieved since. With a largely part time squad.

Did Auld win the 1st division with us ?