League 1 & 2 club meeting SFA tonight

Bobbyhouston

10 hours ago, elevenone said:

Wonder if this attempted bribery will be on the table at talks.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6749981/celtic-rangers-3-million-spfl-colt-teams/

Why not just combine English leagues and Scottish leagues then so any club can progress up the cash ladder ? Oh that’s right the Old Firm are only interested in themselves 

1 hour ago, redandyellowallover said:

SFA have released a statement saying that they have submitted information to the Government with regards to a re-start and that it has been "positively received" but they are still awaiting a "final decision" from Ministers.

Pretty much an update to say that there's no update.

It's called kicking the can down the road. Goes on much longer we will be due to start season 21/22.

Raman Bhardwaj on twitter saying that the go ahead to restart training is imminent, i guess the format of the league from now in is the big question now !

i would go for 18 games and a split adding 4 games then playoffs

Edited by jaggymct

26 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Great news if true.

Well if you're happy, GRE, then I'm happy :)

Assuming we do go to 27 games plus play offs (and Cup matches?) should be a tremendous advantage for full time clubs. Turn that around and if we don't improve on our current league standing it would be an absolute disgrace.

17 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Well if you're happy, GRE, then I'm happy :)

Assuming we do go to 27 games plus play offs (and Cup matches?) should be a tremendous advantage for full time clubs. Turn that around and if we don't improve on our current league standing it would be an absolute disgrace.

Yeah. I've just been so miserable when I'm not miserable over Thistle on a Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2021 at 6:17 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I can imagine the SFA's definition of "positively received" being along the lines of .....

SFA.... "We sent you some information. Have you received it?"

Scottish Government.... "err, no, it might be in our spam folder though ..."

if someone at the SG had a sense of irony 

3 hours ago, Jago1953 said:

There’s an election in the offing. She’s touting for votes. Nothing to do what’s best for the clubs .

Totally disagree!

Unlike our Prime Minister who courts popularity, Nicola Sturgeon has been consistent throughout this pandemic in that all her actions and decisions have been made with a common purpose - to save lives! 

A recent article in the Financial Times states quite clearly that the Scottish Govt's decision to prioritise vaccination of Care Home Residents and Staff (was made  knowing it would slow down the vaccine roll-out programme and therefore invite criticism of the Govt. from political opponents) has saved hundreds of lives in these establishments!

We all know there  was no justification for suspending the Lower Leagues in the first place and if suspension was justified  then it should also have applied to the SPFL & Championship!   I think the Covid issues at Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and St. Mirren prove the case. 

However my point here is that if she was after votes she would not be taking the difficult and unpopular decisions that  resulted  in tough restrictions throughout Scotland and in the case of football the suspension of the Lower Leagues! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1