League 1 & 2 club meeting SFA tonight

Bobbyhouston

3 hours ago, p12tfc said:

Cove are due to go Ibrox in the cup so I hope they are keen to continue. They alongside us and Falkirk would mean the season must go on. Not sure how that works if the other 7 refuse to play...

Hartley was on the radio last night stating it was a ridiculous decision to suspend the leagues and their was no justification for it which definitely adds weight to the idea that Cove will definitely want to restart 

1 hour ago, redandyellowallover said:

SFA have announced that the Scottish Cup is to resume on Tuesday 23rd of March, when our game v Cowdenbeath will be played.

Another SFA decision that shows zero care for clubs outside of the top 2 leagues.

I believe Huntly, Formantine, Buckie Nairn and Fraserburgh are still in that competition but there is no indication their leagues will return. How will they play their ties? What happens to their spot? Have Montrose just made it into the 4th round? How do Montrose compete in the 4th round when at best they may only have returned for a couple of weeks? How do the league 1 and 2 clubs compete if they have had only a couple of competitive games prior to their ties?

I'm sure the SFA has figured this all out and haven't just declared a date to ensure the Final gets played before the Euros....

Clubs have not played for about 10 weeks. In that time should they not have had meetings to decide on contingency plans dependant on when we were all allowed to start playing again. Instead it now looks as if they are going to waste time trying to come up with a solution to end the league season. After last year i am not confident that this will end well.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Clubs have not played for about 10 weeks. In that time should they not have had meetings to decide on contingency plans dependant on when we were all allowed to start playing again. Instead it now looks as if they are going to waste time trying to come up with a solution to end the league season. After last year i am not confident that this will end well.

Shows that Scottish football is a comedic circus act and is a laughing stock.

6 hours ago, laukat said:

Another SFA decision that shows zero care for clubs outside of the top 2 leagues.

I believe Huntly, Formantine, Buckie Nairn and Fraserburgh are still in that competition but there is no indication their leagues will return. How will they play their ties? What happens to their spot? Have Montrose just made it into the 4th round? How do Montrose compete in the 4th round when at best they may only have returned for a couple of weeks? How do the league 1 and 2 clubs compete if they have had only a couple of competitive games prior to their ties?

I'm sure the SFA has figured this all out and haven't just declared a date to ensure the Final gets played before the Euros....

of course the slippery ones have figured it all out ... get the diddy teams either not fulfilling their ties in the Scottish cup (likely in the case of Highland/Lowland league & quite possibly L2 teams) and get the other diddies pumped right back out due to lack of fitness and preparation  ... it’s just another year, just another tarnished tin cup.

2 hours ago, redandyellowallover said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/statement-from-spfl-leagues-1-2/

Starting back on the 20th of March but the clubs want a 18 game season, with a split giving an additional 4 games.

Looking for the SPFL to sanction an extension to the season.

Will the remaining fixtures being redrawn to address possible imbalances I wonder?   As things stand our first league home game back is vs Falkirk which will be our 3rd meeting against them in a 18 match league or 4 meetings (assuming we both make top 4) in a 22 match season.

23 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Will the remaining fixtures being redrawn to address possible imbalances I wonder?   As things stand our first league home game back is vs Falkirk which will be our 3rd meeting against them in a 18 match league or 4 meetings (assuming we both make top 4) in a 22 match season.

Surely the easiest way to deal with it is to start off from where we left off?

The games we have missed from the point we finished until now are;

Cove (h)

Clyde (h)

Airdrie (a)

Forfar (h)

East Fife (a)

Peterhead (a)

Montrose (h)

Dumbarton (a)

Which would give us our 18 games and having played each team home and away. I can only assume all the teams fixtures will fit in this way,

Lots of very perceptive insights on this thread. I am impressed. If we can just get the same quality onto the football field we will do alright! 

I especially like the onus to act being placed on the SPFL! 

I always felt that last summer the SPFL should have been leading the reconstruction effort and not Ann Budge. She allowed herself to be out manoeuvred there! 

OK assuming this proposal is approved that's 8 wins and we are promoted! 

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Lots of very perceptive insights on this thread. I am impressed. If we can just get the same quality onto the football field we will do alright! 

I especially like the onus to act being placed on the SPFL! 

I always felt that last summer the SPFL should have been leading the reconstruction effort and not Ann Budge. She allowed herself to be out manoeuvred there! 

OK assuming this proposal is approved that's 8 wins and we are promoted! 

Is it not more like 16 wins? Falkirk are 6 points ahead. We have one game in hand.

We win our 8 pre-split fixtures, which do not include Falkirk (already played them twice). Falkirk win their 7 pre-split fixtures and are still 3 points ahead of us with a superior goal difference.

We win our 4 post-split fixtures (now 12 wins in a row). Falkirk lose to us, but win the other 3. We are level on points, but Falkirk's goal difference is still superior and they take the automatic promotion place.

Undeterred we steamroller through the play offs with 4 straight wins (now 16 in a row), to regain our "rightful" place in the second tier. 

[Auld Jag breaks into the stadium to provide a one fan pitch invasion to celebrate promotion]-sorry, I made that last bit up.

28 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Is it not more like 16 wins? Falkirk are 6 points ahead. We have one game in hand.

We win our 8 pre-split fixtures, which do not include Falkirk (already played them twice). Falkirk win their 7 pre-split fixtures and are still 3 points ahead of us with a superior goal difference.

We win our 4 post-split fixtures (now 12 wins in a row). Falkirk lose to us, but win the other 3. We are level on points, but Falkirk's goal difference is still superior and they take the automatic promotion place.

Undeterred we steamroller through the play offs with 4 straight wins (now 16 in a row), to regain our "rightful" place in the second tier. 

[Auld Jag breaks into the stadium to provide a one fan pitch invasion to celebrate promotion]-sorry, I made that last bit up.

Will the nice stewards open the gates at the front of the JLS as they did when we won the championship to save AJ (and anyone else who has sneaked in) vaulting the wall? 

One of the most civilised and slowest pitch invasions I remember :happy2:

Edited by fifexile
Typo

24 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Will the nice stewards open the gates at the front of the JLS as they did when we won the championship to save AJ (and anyone else who has sneaked in) vaulting the wall? 

Was thinking about pitch invasions the other night and reckon we've been on the pitch more than most.

I've been on at least 3 times at Firhill. 4 if you count trying to run across the pitch at half-time v Ayr (in the horrible 3-1 defeat), to get behind the goal we were kicking in to.

There was even a mini pitch invasion in the Challenge Cup Final when we equalised near the end.

For a team that doesn't win much, we've definitely made the most of it in that regard.

16 minutes ago, fifexile said:

No chance of me vaulting any walls, no matter how low they are.:D

Statement on SPFL site. The SPFL board think an 18 game season would be more suitable for league 1 and 2 to complete. But since the 2 leagues have asked to play 22 games they will consider that. But only after the clubs tell the SPFL how they deal with any club who cannot play all 22 games. Only then will the SPFL consider the request to push back the dates of the play-offs.