League 1 & 2 club meeting SFA tonight

Bobbyhouston

On 3/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, gianlucatoni said:

Amateur teams with miniscule squads and walking wounded always manage 2/3/4 games a season traditionally at this time of year (caused by continual winter postponements) ... I’m quite sure that if the amateurs can manage then the so-called professional part time/full time teams will be just fine.

Amateur teams and junior teams usually parachute youth players into their teams as trialists. Filling the bench with 18 year old youth players is fine in that setting but unacceptable in the professional game. If we need a team to get a result against Falkirk and they’re decimated by Covid so forced to capitulate by fielding local boys club players then it would be a farce. 

47 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

All top 4 leagues in Scotland will start next season on the 31st July. The league fixtures will be published in June. The domestic season starts with the league cup on the 10th and 11th july. The challenge cup dates will be announced in due course.

Supposed to be up for The Playground Festival in Giffnock that weekend, all going well.

If Thistle are at home however.....

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

Supposed to be up for The Playground Festival in Giffnock that weekend, all going well.

If Thistle are at home however.....

better line up at that this time round - 2019 line up wasn't up to much - I'll be in Troon at SLF on 31st all going well so should make a home opener before going doon the coast 

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

better line up at that this time round - 2019 line up wasn't up to much - I'll be in Troon at SLF on 31st all going well so should make a home opener before going doon the coast 

Looking forward to James, as they were great at the SSEC.

Very disappointed that Chvrches won't be there as were due to play in last years' cancelled one.

Still, just be great to be anywhere for a weekend and Glasgow tops my list at the best of times.

3 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

Not a good 24 hours for summer festivals ... Belladrum cancelled and Transmt bounced out to September :thumbdown:

No, not looking good. The thing I miss most is live music.

Have a mini backlog from last year culminating in what should be the gig of the year, with Deacon Blue in Glasgow.

Here's hoping.

16 hours ago, CotterJag said:

No, not looking good. The thing I miss most is live music.

Have a mini backlog from last year culminating in what should be the gig of the year, with Deacon Blue in Glasgow.

Here's hoping.

I'm struggling with Deacon Blue and gig of the year appearing in the same sentence tbh.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Another one bites the dust ...

B264824F-A13C-4800-B00E-1F39EBFE47E0.jpeg

Looks like this year could be another write-off.

I had The Who cancelled and Heaton and Abbott, Playground Festival and Deacon Blue all moved from last year to this.

Not sure any will happen this year either now. 

14 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Looks like this year could be another write-off.

I had The Who cancelled and Heaton and Abbott, Playground Festival and Deacon Blue all moved from last year to this.

Not sure any will happen this year either now. 

think yourself lucky, I had Sydney Devine moved permanently the other week and still waiting on my refund 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

think yourself lucky, I had Sydney Devine moved permanently the other week and still waiting on my refund 

:lol: BobbyH firing intae aw the wild ancient Sydney birds at the Pavilion after necking his cargo - chacun a son gout boaby! :thumbsup2:

Edited by gianlucatoni
  • Haha 1