League 1 & 2 club meeting SFA tonight

Bobbyhouston

42 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Statement on SPFL site. The SPFL board think an 18 game season would be more suitable for league 1 and 2 to complete. But since the 2 leagues have asked to play 22 games they will consider that. But only after the clubs tell the SPFL how they deal with any club who cannot play all 22 games. Only then will the SPFL consider the request to push back the dates of the play-offs.

So instead of making up the rules as they go along, they're asking the clubs to make up the rules as they go along. These useless ******** just can't be arsed with this. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

So instead of making up the rules as they go along, they're asking the clubs to make up the rules as they go along. These useless ******** just can't be arsed with this. 

Then they will consider moving the play - off dates. How long until championship clubs start moaning so none of them come down. Still a way to go before we get started again imo.

The same argument could apply to the upper divisions if they hit some covid issues. What is their contingency....right now I'd forego the Scottish Cup games to play the season out. Its not as if we ll win in....then again the 50 year rule applies...

I'm struggling to understand why the clubs want to play the extra four games. Eighteen games seems to me to be a natural break point. Given the present circumstances and uncertain future I think it's folly to cram the fixture in. Much as it pains me to admit it, I fully agree with the SPFL.

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm struggling to understand why the clubs want to play the extra four games. Eighteen games seems to me to be a natural break point. Given the present circumstances and uncertain future I think it's folly to cram the fixture in. Much as it pains me to admit it, I fully agree with the SPFL.

Looking at the league table it’s all quite tight. I’d fancy our chances more over 12 games rather than 8. I reckon we’d need to win at least 6 games to be in with a chance of challenging for the title, so a bad start would hurt us badly (and we’re good at that)

Can anyone confirm if the play offs are still decided over 2 legs or have they opted to go to one off games? Given cup ties are played to a finish this year it would seem sensible to do the same for the playoffs with higher ranked teams given home advantage. 

Edited by fifexile

16 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Rangers fans gathering outside Ibrox today. Will comeback for leagues 1 and 2 be cancelled on Monday, to show football fans they should not be breaking covid regulations. :thinking:

They must be giving out free soap so the unwashed hordes are gathering ... smellik fans will be over soon too for a wash.

Likelihood of any repercussions on the FTOF = nil.

The h*n fans are just copying their players actions after all.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Rangers fans gathering outside Ibrox today. Will comeback for leagues 1 and 2 be cancelled on Monday, to show football fans they should not be breaking covid regulations. :thinking:

I dont get why they are gathering today. The green arse cheek don't play until tomorrow so could understand them gathering then....unless they are queuing to buy 'champions 2020/21' crap that will be on sale tomorrow 

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Not just a few daft lads either but thousands huddled together.  

I know that this is this particular teams first top flight league title, but no condemnation on tonight's sportscene of the fans who gathered or the players who tried to celebrate with them. But it is the part time players in the lower leagues that will cause all the problems, really. :thinking:

8 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I know that this is this particular teams first top flight league title, but no condemnation on tonight's sportscene of the fans who gathered or the players who tried to celebrate with them. But it is the part time players in the lower leagues that will cause all the problems, really. :thinking:

Sportscene will not want to upset one of their favourite children hence that stance.  Same reasons the tabloids are running with stories of ‘watch Ger’s players dance with fans’ etc as if it’s a good thing.  

This sort of behaviour from these cretins is precisely what will delay easing of lockdown measures for the masses who have adhered to the law and should be condemned in media not ignored or celebrated.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jaggy said:

Why? I walked past the ground last week. Was that irresponsible as well?

I assume you had business to walk past the ground, whereas there would be no business to be had if Thistlewon the league during the lockdown.  Unfortunately thete would be others who would take the same attitude and therefore it becomes a crowd during lockdown. Rank irresponsibility. 

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I assume you had business to walk past the ground, whereas there would be no business to be had if Thistlewon the league during the lockdown.  Unfortunately thete would be others who would take the same attitude and therefore it becomes a crowd during lockdown. Rank irresponsibility. 

It's none of your business why I walked past Firhill last week nor if I choose to walk past again, but as always you seem to think that your opinions are the only ones that matter on this board