League 1 & 2 club meeting SFA tonight

Bobbyhouston

5 minutes ago, jaggy said:

It's none of your business why I walked past Firhill last week nor if I choose to walk past again, but as always you seem to think that your opinions are the only ones that matter on this board

Oh dear! So you realise you would be acting irresponsibly if you gathered with  a crowd during lockdown? And I don't remember actually asking you why you did walk past Firhill. 

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

On 3/7/2021 at 7:05 AM, elevenone said:

Sportscene will not want to upset one of their favourite children hence that stance.  Same reasons the tabloids are running with stories of ‘watch Ger’s players dance with fans’ etc as if it’s a good thing.  

This sort of behaviour from these cretins is precisely what will delay easing of lockdown measures for the masses who have adhered to the law and should be condemned in media not ignored or celebrated.  

Agree. Despite being banned from Ibrox the BBC are so far up them, you would need a vacuum  to get them back down. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree. Despite being banned from Ibrox the BBC are so far up them, you would need a vacuum  to get them back down. 

Just want to be factually correct here.  The BBC are not banned from Ibrox.  Chris McLaughlin is and as a result the BBC choose not to send any reporters to their ground. On this occasion they are defending their employee to the hilt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michael m said:

Just want to be factually correct here.  The BBC are not banned from Ibrox.  Chris McLaughlin is and as a result the BBC choose not to send any reporters to their ground. On this occasion they are defending their employee to the hilt 

Didn't realise that. Thanks.

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Has anyone heard any more regarding the restarting of the leagues? The format? Are we still playing Cowden in the Cup this side of summer and if so, when?

Scottish Cup game is confirmed for Tuesday 23rd March, apart from that there has been no further confirmation of fixtures.

There is the agreed recommencement date for the leagues of the 20th of March but due to the lack of an agreement between the clubs and the SPFL as to the number of fixtures and the structure of the end of the season, no updated fixture list has been provided.

1 hour ago, redandyellowallover said:

Scottish Cup game is confirmed for Tuesday 23rd March, apart from that there has been no further confirmation of fixtures.

There is the agreed recommencement date for the leagues of the 20th of March but due to the lack of an agreement between the clubs and the SPFL as to the number of fixtures and the structure of the end of the season, no updated fixture list has been provided.

Thanks. 

Not sure why the Cup game isn't then on the PTFC website fixture list.

Also wondering if Doncaster will use the Scottish Parly's united condemnation of the sevco celebrations to his own ends. In this specific instance, 18 game leagues.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

According to BBC fixtures we are away to Cove Rangers On Saturday 20 March..First game back.

28 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

Yeah they've just picked up the fixtures where we finished off and put them into the remaining dates until the 18 games have been allowed for

The fixtures on the BBC website are the original fixture list.

We have already played Cove away, so this wont be the first game back.

9 minutes ago, BILL.H said:

The fixtures on the BBC website are the original fixture list.

We have already played Cove away, so this wont be the first game back.

So they are! Just skimmed them and thought it was right as we probably should be playing Cove at Firhill first as that was our next game at the time the leagues were suspended 

When the go ahead to restart our season came on 4 March we looked to see what the fixture list would be. Everybody understood that initially the requirement would be to complete an 18 game season. The desire of the League 1 and 2 clubs to have a Premier League type split and add 4 more games is an added issue which could be allowed more time to discuss. However what I can not  believe is the inability of the "governing body" to have managed to issue a revised fixture list by now. Underlines their total ineptitude. Did they need to use  an outside agency to programme  the required computer system? An 11 year old kid could have done it manually in half an hour! 

Now of course the overpaid bigwigs will be more concerned about the possible threat to remove 2  bigot twins fixtures from the remainder of the season  with the  bleating of Sky demanding "We want our money back, we want our money back".

I am (unfortunately from an age point of view) able to remember when Scottish Football had a certain standing beyond our own borders. Sadly I am totally convinced that there is no way that can ever be retrieved. 

1 hour ago, QXBoy said:

When the go ahead to restart our season came on 4 March we looked to see what the fixture list would be. Everybody understood that initially the requirement would be to complete an 18 game season. The desire of the League 1 and 2 clubs to have a Premier League type split and add 4 more games is an added issue which could be allowed more time to discuss. However what I can not  believe is the inability of the "governing body" to have managed to issue a revised fixture list by now. Underlines their total ineptitude. Did they need to use  an outside agency to programme  the required computer system? An 11 year old kid could have done it manually in half an hour! 

Now of course the overpaid bigwigs will be more concerned about the possible threat to remove 2  bigot twins fixtures from the remainder of the season  with the  bleating of Sky demanding "We want our money back, we want our money back".

I am (unfortunately from an age point of view) able to remember when Scottish Football had a certain standing beyond our own borders. Sadly I am totally convinced that there is no way that can ever be retrieved. 

Couldn't agree more. Simply play the remaining fixtures from the point the leagues were stopped until the 2nd round of fixtures are complete. Then play or don't play additional fixtures from a split of the leagues. That can be sorted in the next few weeks but for the love of God tell us who we are playing in 9 days time. 

What you have at the moment is when complete incompetence is mixed with complete indifference. Thanks again SPFL. 

2 hours ago, QXBoy said:

I believe its publication is imminent, so I'm pinning my hopes on Ernie Walker's Think Tank.