Another reason to get out L1 a.s.a..p.

JAGSMAN1968

I agree that this idea should be rejected for all the reasons posters have raised. 

I would like to think that prior to the vote clubs will be in possession of all the arrangements/rules under which this proposal will operate if approved.

I attempted to set out the issued that clubs would need to know and determine but gave up and deleted them when I reached point 6  in favour of the following conclusion. 

This proposal is just an unworkable farce which would be open to manipulation, diminishes the status of the Lower Leagues and the prestige (albeit limited) of being Champions. 

Given our recent experience of how the SPFL can ignore their own  rules when it suits them I suggest  their is insufficient confidence  or faith that they can be trusted to implement and run this proposal honourably if it was approved! 

Have they lost their minds? 

Celtic v Rangers at any level is an excuse for the moron class to make trouble. And you can just see some of our media outlets queueing up to swallow this up. Celtic Colts v Rangers Colts four times a year on the cheaper TV channels who won't pay the SKY TV money. And the drones will lap it up. But the social cost could be enormous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMCF said:

Have they lost their minds? 

Celtic v Rangers at any level is an excuse for the moron class to make trouble. And you can just see some of our media outlets queueing up to swallow this up. Celtic Colts v Rangers Colts four times a year on the cheaper TV channels who won't pay the SKY TV money. And the drones will lap it up. But the social cost could be enormous. 

And us having to play on a Tuesday night so they can use our ground at the weekend:frantic:

• Haha 1

This proposal could only benefit two clubs in reality and for that reason I am totally against it! It’s not our job to ensure that Celtic and Rangers ‘starlets’ get developmental experience. Finally, do  both of these clubs not already enjoy an enormous demographic advantage due to the sectarian nature of where they draw there ‘support’.

The way that I feel about Scottish Football: I am not totally convinced that they have the interests of ordinary punters at heart. Unless of course you wear a green or blue scarf. Perhaps, they’ll go the whole hog and have Rangers play Celtic live on Sky every week!

I hope that when our club reply,  they remember the Glasgow Cup final played several years ago at Firhill between the earse cheek colts.  The "fans" extensively damaged seats in the ground. 

Supporters of these clubs are forever leaving a trail of destruction in their wake, and I'm not referring to some lout kicking over a child's sandcastle either. 

I'd also add that the suggestion putting forward this proposal makes it plain that the intention is to have them stop in League one FOR NOW.  That proposal is open to change in the future.  

Lower league chairmen, be careful what you wish for. 

2 hours ago, stillresigned said:

This proposal could only benefit two clubs in reality and for that reason I am totally against it! It’s not our job to ensure that Celtic and Rangers ‘starlets’ get developmental experience. Finally, do  both of these clubs not already enjoy an enormous demographic advantage due to the sectarian nature of where they draw there ‘support’.

The way that I feel about Scottish Football: I am not totally convinced that they have the interests of ordinary punters at heart. Unless of course you wear a green or blue scarf. Perhaps, they’ll go the whole hog and have Rangers play Celtic live on Sky every week!

1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I hope that when our club reply,  they remember the Glasgow Cup final played several years ago at Firhill between the earse cheek colts.  The "fans" extensively damaged seats in the ground. 

Supporters of these clubs are forever leaving a trail of destruction in their wake, and I'm not referring to some lout kicking over a child's sandcastle either. 

I'd also add that the suggestion putting forward this proposal makes it plain that the intention is to have them stop in League one FOR NOW.  That proposal is open to change in the future.  

Lower league chairmen, be careful what you wish for. 

1 hour ago, fifexile said:

If B teams are to be allowed all teams should be allowed to enter teams  (in reality I think only 2 will be able to afford them). Let them join but in the lowland or highland league based on geography with no promotion.

Ran out of likes. Agree with all of these comments.