Thistle v Cove Rangers Sat 20th March

elevenone

Been a few months since we had a match thread.  We all buzzing for footie to be back?

Would be guess work as to how we may line up although Rudden should be out after his red and Docherty injured.  An important game to return to and hopefully 3 points in the bag.  Would take a scrappy 1-0 just to get us hopefully up and running.

ps has anyone heard if we are doing a match programme for it?

I think this game is one of many that will fall into the must win category. 

With Falkirk at home to Montrose and Airdrie away to Peterhead and the fact that all of these teams could drop points a win against Cove will get us right into the mix! Lose and I think 4th place might be the best we can hope for. 

As usual goals seem to be the problem. Difficult to see where they are going to come from! 

In a long list of must win games, this is a must win game. Unlike others i feel if we don't win all of our home games we could struggle to even get into fourth. This season could still go to a ppg if every team does not manage to play 18 games. So we need to get the points on the board asap. There should be no excuses for us not getting fourth at the very least.

Really gotta be winning the 6 pointers at Firhill (Montrose being the other 6 pointer). No idea about the starting XI tho' I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same as v Hearts. Saying that I've no idea how McKenna is as a right back.  If we do play McKenna & Foster as full backs and continue with two up front then it's certainly a very old school none too fluid formation.

8 hours ago, elevenone said:

Been a few months since we had a match thread.  We all buzzing for footie to be back?

Would be guess work as to how we may line up although Rudden should be out after his red and Docherty injured.  An important game to return to and hopefully 3 points in the bag.  Would take a scrappy 1-0 just to get us hopefully up and running.

ps has anyone heard if we are doing a match programme for it?

Yes there is a programme 

• Thanks 1

Arguably our toughest 2 fixtures are first up. Take advantage whilst they are rusty or play them before our new signings have gelled? With that thought I’m 50/50 with the outcome. I think the starting 11 will mirror what happened on Sunday with Erskine coming on to stick one in the top corner to win it for us. Mon the Jags. 

I am genuinely excited for this game and cant help thinking that every match from now on is a "must win" game, just hope that by full time i am as excited for the next match rather than dreading it .. feels like the start of a new season which is usually filled with misplaced optimism on my part..

Injury list at Firhill down to just five - O’Ware (still at least a month), Williamson (back in training but probs not match fit), Lyons (back in a few days), Reilly (back in a week) and Docherty (*hopefully* back in training next week). 

Clean bill of health other than that.

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

Injury list at Firhill down to just five - O’Ware (still at least a month), Williamson (back in training but probs not match fit), Lyons (back in a few days), Reilly (back in a week) and Docherty (*hopefully* back in training next week). 

Clean bill of health other than that.

That sounds a bit more encouraging in regards to Docherty and Williamson. Getting Docherty back will be a major gain. Williamson gives us a better attacking threat then McKenna at right-back. I'm also hoping Lyons has used the time to work on his fitness and we might see an improvement in his game.

O'Ware has so far managed 39 games in 3 seasons. If he's another month away that number isn't going to get much higher. Leaving aside if he's better or not than Brownlie, Sena, McKenna or Bell you have to wonder if he's just too injury prone to keep?

3 hours ago, laukat said:

O'Ware has so far managed 39 games in 3 seasons. If he's another month away that number isn't going to get much higher. Leaving aside if he's better or not than Brownlie, Sena, McKenna or Bell you have to wonder if he's just too injury prone to keep?

I'd be interested to know the breakdown of our results in those matches.