Thistle v Cove Rangers Sat 20th March

elevenone

5 minutes ago, theestle said:

Draw fair result. Senna should of scored but equally we were saved by Wright when Cove were right through on the thistle goal. On the contrary to some posters I thought Senna was superb today despite his miss.  The second half performance does offer a measure of optimism. 

Sena is in my opinion by far our best player and best prospect in my opinion-but considering how excellent he is today was not good.

nearly lost a goal due to him in first half when he lost ball in box but ref blew for foul - which in my opinion it wasn’t 

that chance in second half was harder to miss than score and ultimately cost us 2 points 

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Sena is in my opinion by far our best player and best prospect in my opinion-but considering how excellent he is today was not good.

nearly lost a goal due to him in first half when he lost ball in box but ref blew for foul - which in my opinion it wasn’t 

that chance in second half was harder to miss than score and ultimately cost us 2 points 

Watch Sena on Tuesday night  and remember this comment 

His first touch is a tackle !

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I don’t see it that way . Wright’s brilliant save provided us with a point as opposed to Senna’s miss losing 2 points. 

30 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Rightly or wrongly I don’t think they will get rid of him.  Even if we don’t get promotion the club is absolutely skint and will be even more so stuck in the division for another year where’s the money to pay him off.  Even if he resigned the club I doubt could afford to pay off Archie and scally who I don’t doubt would then become manager 

Sadly, I agree. We’re stuck in a complete rut, saddled with an expensive management team clearly out of ideas and top heavy. Can’t afford to get rid, can’t afford to keep them. It’s a shocking state of affairs.

3 minutes ago, theestle said:

How do you know ‘game would of been over’ ?

How do you know it wouldn’t have been?personally I couldn’t see cove getting 2 and it would have left them over stretched. We could also have used more subs to slow match down 

Edited by Third Lanark

We couldn’t retain possession. They had all the pressure but very few clear cut chances because Sena and Brownlie strangled their attack, winning headers, tackles and stepping in to blunt attacks.

We need to look at why we cede possession so easily. Banzo certainly had pass marks but the rest were woeful and Graham just looks like a grumpy cart horse. Murray can go now.

2 minutes ago, P-R said:

Pretty much a cert that Murray will get subbed in a game.

Thing is while he wasn’t prolific Murray scored a fair few goals for QOS in a division above - he seems to have regressed for us in a lower division.  Lyons scored a barrowload last season what’s happened to him? Expected More from Brian Graham,  foster has been nothing better than average, so many players with only a couple of exceptions seem to almost just be going through the motions 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McD said:

Yet again who was the full-time team today us or Cove?  I will give you a moment to think ..It's late it's a Saturday night..Answer is it was supposed to be us ..Why don't we try training 2nights a week and see if we can't improve on what we saw today..

Not sure that would make a lot of difference, bottom line a lot of these players aren’t good enough , we were always told that McCall had an eye for a player, not sure about that now Lyons , Murray etc .

We’ve absolutely no goal threat , no pace , no creativity in the team.

If the focus was on the Lowland League for players, one of the first names on the list should have been Nathan Austin who is the best striker in that division and has just signed for East Fife on loan until the end of the season.

He could have made a huge difference to our season which he’ll show for East Fife .

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

How do you know what?

Sena is our best player but he cost us today with that miss

Sena couldn’t look composed in a straight jacket , get a grip and actually look at his game, he bumbles about with no balance and physical aspect wins him balls , he’s absolutely what wrong with our whole football department, not one ounce of football ability 

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Sena couldn’t look composed in a straight jacket , get a grip and actually look at his game, he bumbles about with no balance and physical aspect wins him balls , he’s absolutely what wrong with our whole football department, not one ounce of football ability 

This is the most inaccurate post I have seen for a long time.

I appreciate he has some learning to do but he’s arguably  been our best player all season, at worst  one of our best.

it’s extraordinary that you are singling him out for criticism.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Yet again who was the full-time team today us or Cove?  I will give you a moment to think ..It's late it's a Saturday night..Answer is it was supposed to be us ..Why don't we try training 2nights a week and see if we can't improve on what we saw today..

We are 1 of 2 fulltime teams in a league of 10. Falkirk the other full time team are top by 4 points and look like winning the league. They have a inexperienced management team and reading the Falkirk forum on pie and bovril most of their fans don't rate them. On the other hand we have the most experienced management team in the league and struggling to get into the top 4. If  we can't get into the top 4 you really wonder what is the point of us being full time. In fact i expect Arbroath to be the Championship team in the play off with our league, another part time team. So if we are not in the Championship next season what is the point of us being full time if we can't beat part time teams.

19 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

We are 1 of 2 fulltime teams in a league of 10. Falkirk the other full time team are top by 4 points and look like winning the league. They have a inexperienced management team and reading the Falkirk forum on pie and bovril most of their fans don't rate them. On the other hand we have the most experienced management team in the league and struggling to get into the top 4. If  we can't get into the top 4 you really wonder what is the point of us being full time. In fact i expect Arbroath to be the Championship team in the play off with our league, another part time team. So if we are not in the Championship next season what is the point of us being full time if we can't beat part time teams.

Was it not mentioned today that Airdrie are full time? Cove have a big budget but I don’t really know if they are full or part time?

29 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Was it not mentioned today that Airdrie are full time? Cove have a big budget but I don’t really know if they are full or part time?

Sorry missed that. I have never been sure about Airdrie, i thought that they were a mixture of p/t and f/t. Even so in a league that is predominantly p/t we are struggling. I could be wrong, i thought when the talk about how many games should be played it was mentioned that there was only 3 full time teams in league 1 and 2, Thistle, Falkirk and Queens Park.

Edited by Auld Jag

Yet again, no surprise: a hugely important game, at home, and we fail to beat a part-time team. 

The tired old "understandably rusty" nonsense just doesn't wash; it's the same for everybody. Nor does the "unlucky" excuse, as other teams were no doubt also unlucky in individual incidents in their matches. Four teams in the division managed to win yesterday, despite being rusty, despite being unlucky.

We basically remain a shitty team in a shitty league; nothing has changed. 

I would be surprised if we turn this around and make it into the promotion playoffs, and truly amazed if we won promotion through the play-offs. Failure to do either of those will mean that PTFC has failed again, and is becoming more of an irrelevance.

2 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Behave, sure he should have done far better with the chance that fell his way than he did but he was far from our worst performer. That was the most insipid performance from a team that you can get which included many seasoned professionals yet you want to single out a guy starting out in his career?  I get that you may be hurting, we all are that was rank, but at least be fair the kid showed endeavour, and played to his capability many on the other hand just didn’t turn up and one even got motm.  Cradle is rotten but he did more in 20 mins than most in the attacking third combined, why? He applied himself, who else could you say did that, in my opinion no one. Yet you want to single out a kid starting in the game.

• Like 1