You're a Dundee! In fact the lot of you are a Dundee United!

Jagged Edge

When Dundee Hibernian decided to change their name in 1923 they opted for Dundee City. Dundee FC complained to the SFA/SFL and anyone else who would listen that the name was unacceptable to them.  [Probably once their written submission was found in the junk folder.] The authorities don't seem to have been too bothered. Anyway, Dundee United was then chosen by the club itself. "Dundee" "United"? Always struck me as a classic misnomer.

4 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

When Dundee Hibernian decided to change their name in 1923 they opted for Dundee City. Dundee FC complained to the SFA/SFL and anyone else who would listen that the name was unacceptable to them.  [Probably once their written submission was found in the junk folder.] The authorities don't seem to have been too bothered. Anyway, Dundee United was then chosen by the club itself. "Dundee" "United"? Always struck me as a classic misnomer.

Something in the back of my mind thinks that delightful chappie Giovanni di Stefano registered the name "Dundee City" as a limited company in the early 2000s. The wee joker was probably anticipating either a sevcovian outcome for Dundee Fc or a forced amalgamation with their neighbours.