Thistle vs 11 men from Cowdenbeath.Tue 23 march...

Jimmy McD

Decent performance against a very poor Cowdenbeath.

Tiffoney brings an extra dimenson to our game as he offers pace and width while allowing Penrice to return to leftback.

I thought Cardle was very wasteful first half but in the second he got the ball in quicker and from his only run to the byline created the second. We really need him to play high up the park rather than dropping deep and waiting for Williamson to overlap.

Not sure that we would get away with that defensive performance in the league. Sena and Wright looked really nervous and neither Gordon or Bannigan give them the protection Sena needs. If we continue with Williamson at righback it means we really only have Brownlie as a proper defensive player. I suspect we may need to play Foster at centre half and replace Gordon with Sena.

14 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

The lad Harvey Swann looked really tidy for Cowdenbeath. Looked really comfortable on the ball.

Agree & was surprised when he was substituted. A midfielder who can take the ball & run at the opposition, something we lack.  Understand he can also play left back/left wing back

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Agree & was surprised when he was substituted. A midfielder who can take the ball & run at the opposition, something we lack.  Understand he can also play left back/left wing back

... another Zanatta who may flutter to deceive ... if we sign him, he could invest his signing on fee in the stork market

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Certainly does, both in a tub and in a block. Bakes a far lighter sponge than using butter

Good to know! I think I remember when the only way it was sold was in a block, wrapped in a kind of greaseproof paper.  When plastic tubs got introduced it was like a whole new world!