Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy McD

Thistle vs 11 men from Cowdenbeath.Tue 23 march...

Recommended Posts

Remember the old days of the forum match report? I was on duty for Alan Archibald’s testimonial game against Liverpool (the one in which Nathan Eccleston & Chris Erskine scored in a 1-1 draw). I noticed that Liverpool had a substitute called “Flora” and was delighted when he was introduced into the game to give me the line:

”Liverpool brought on Flora to spread the play”.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Remember the old days of the forum match report? I was on duty for Alan Archibald’s testimonial game against Liverpool (the one in which Nathan Eccleston & Chris Erskine scored in a 1-1 draw). I noticed that Liverpool had a substitute called “Flora” and was delighted when he was introduced into the game to give me the line:

”Liverpool brought on Flora to spread the play”.

I remember him: ran onto the park and immediately slipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I remember him: ran onto the park and immediately slipped.

To be fair Flora wasn't used to the conditions. The ground that night was saturated. Still it didn't stop the crowd greeting him with a mocking chant of "oléo".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

To be fair Flora wasn't used to the conditions. The ground that night was saturated. Still it didn't stop the crowd greeting him with a mocking chant of "oléo".

 

Was funny though: fell full fat on his erse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×