Fridge full with Cargo roll on the morra

Bobbyhouston

Tiffoney looks a real find. Thats 7 goals in the 2 games he's played so far which is quite a difference in a team that struggled to score.

I thought Murray was excellent today.

We really should have scored 6 or 7 but the game hinged on Wright's save.

• Like 1

Great result as I imagined Airdrie along with Falkirk to be the hardest venue to go too

someone at Livi must like us with the amount of loans they give us.  Granted as happens with loans they don’t all work out but mcmillan played his part in keeping us in the championship a couple of years ago now Tiffoney looks to be playing a major part in getting us towards the playoffs though fair play to McCall in getting him in

9 minutes ago, laukat said:

Tiffoney looks a real find. Thats 7 goals in the 2 games he's played so far which is quite a difference in a team that struggled to score.

I thought Murray was excellent today.

We really should have scored 6 or 7 but the game hinged on Wright's save.

Big critic of Murray, but yes much more like it today. 

Not in any order but outstanding games are:

Home: Forfar /Montrose/Clyde

Away: East Fife/Peterhead & Dumbarton

If we play like we did for the last 60 minutes that's 18 points making 37 in total so either promoted as Champions or 2nd so in the  play-off games but playing 2hames less than I'd we finish 3rd or 4th! 

But which Partick Thistle will turn up! 

Regarding the subs! Agree the number of subs in such a short space of time is ridiculous. However I don't think McCall would normally do this. He clearly has an eye to the fixture 'congestion' and is going to take every  opportunity to rest some players and give others minutes on the park! A  4 - 1 lead enabled him to do that! 

18 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

If we play like we did for the last 60 minutes that's 18 points making 37 in total so either promoted as Champions or 2nd so in the  play-off games but playing 2hames less than I'd we finish 3rd or 4th! 

Regarding the subs! Agree the number of subs in such a short space of time is ridiculous. However I don't think McCall would normally do this. He clearly has an eye to the fixture 'congestion' and is going to take every  opportunity to rest some players and give others minutes on the park! A  4 - 1 lead enabled him to do that! 

Winning our next six games would mean we are, at worst, second after 18 games. Then there are four matches after the (stupid) split. 

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

We would play the same no. Of play off games as 9th in the championship is involved. I think you're confusing with Championship promotion play offs

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

Winning our next six games would mean we are, at worst, second after 18 games. Then there are four matches after the (stupid) split. 

Don’t want to be a damp squib, but last time we won 2 league games in a row was December 2019. I’d need an archaeologist to find the last time we won 6 in a row.

Great way to celebrate a Saturday with a win and a convincing one at that, but it could have been so different if it wasn’t for the s as ve and immediate goal. Up to that point we were rank rotten. This league is so close. At one point we were 7th and Airdrie 3rd. Now it is the other way round

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Don’t want to be a damp squib, but last time we won 2 league games in a row was December 2019. I’d need an archaeologist to find the last time we won 6 in a row.

Great way to celebrate a Saturday with a win and a convincing one at that, but it could have been so different if it wasn’t for the s as ve and immediate goal. Up to that point we were rank rotten. This league is so close. At one point we were 7th and Airdrie 3rd. Now it is the other way round

I completely agree.
I was just pointing out that the season is 22 games, not 18.

McCall must have been watching the rugby with mass changes.

I was conflicted between giving Airdrie a real doing(it could have been 6 or 7) by maintaining control through not changing the system or substituting our best players to keep them fresh and injury free.

worked out ok but it would have boosted our confidence if we had won 7-1.

• Like 2

Funny reading back the comments after the first 30 mins versus full time!

Hopefully we’ve finally turned a corner and can build momentum in the remaining games. At least we’ve found out how to score goals, and the size of our squad versus several part time teams playing multiple games in a short period of time gives us a big opportunity. Can’t see us catching Falkirk though unless they start dropping points. 

19 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Funny reading back the comments after the first 30 mins versus full time!

Hopefully we’ve finally turned a corner and can build momentum in the remaining games. At least we’ve found out how to score goals, and the size of our squad versus several part time teams playing multiple games in a short period of time gives us a big opportunity. Can’t see us catching Falkirk though unless they start dropping points. 

Yes i was thinking that as well. Football fans are a fickle lot. In fact we are Partick Fickle.:D :fan:

• Haha 1