Thistle v Forfar

Albert's Ghost

4 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Stewardship of the club has been a disaster for the very top. The Chair of the club hasn't uttered a word in months. We have guys like Alan Rough on the board who bring absolutely nothing to the table. We have a (lets face it) third rate bang average Division 1 goalkeeper in Kenny Arthur as a coach (but he played for Thistle so obviously the best man for the job). We have a washed up hasbeen as a manager who wouldn't take the job unless his wee pal Archie could come back (funny how no other club touched him when he was out of work). 

It's time Thistle fans get f-ing real and wake up! This club is rotten from top to bottom, and unless we find a way to rectify that, it will be decades before we can even dream of playing Premiership football again. Be angry by that. Be upset. It's your money you spend on season tickets, and PPV matches, and shirts. It was your money in the tens-of-thousands that you donated to Thistle in their time of needed during COVID. What have you got in return? A club that supports the wages of THREE managers in League One, and a massive squad of washed up footballers. 

100%. In a normal business, the shareholders would remove the hierarchy when it is obvious they cannot discharge their duties in a competent manner. Unfortunately that cannot happen at PTFC and we are stuck with the board and chairman, consequently therefore stuck with the management team and the duff squad that has been assembled. It’s sad days and we have stumbled blindly to the lower echelons of Scottish football, in real danger of stumbling towards oblivion.

7 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I know the outfield players were no great shakes, but i have never got the Sneddon hype. Should have saved the first and the second would never have been scored if he had got a good punch on the ball. He got his injury because when he headed the ball clear he stayed out of his goal, before then getting back in his area to dive at the Forfar players feet. Making 6 changes to a team that had won 4-2 away only days earlier was also a big mistake.

Sacking offence making those changes in a league so tight , that potentially could still only be on 18 games , that ******** went into that game tonight with no guarantee of how this league will be finished wither 18 or 22 games , you presume it’s worst case of 18 and you send out yours strongest team to secure you place near the top of this league 

McCall is a total fraud 

It's well known on this thread that I have supported the Manager. However tonight he  failed to manage the team and substitutes properly. It could be said Erskine getting injured was bad luck but surely its only prudent management to keep a substitute up your slieve. 

I don't want to be cynical but using all 5 substitutes with 25 or so to go is inviting an injury calculated or otherwise. I hope he learns from this. 

I also think he should have started with the team he that scored 3 goals in the second half v Airdrie. 

With many others on this thread my patience with the manager is running thin! 

5 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Just imagine we went with the rich owners we could have binned this loser McCall tonight.

We wanted the family club model though. You reap what you sow as they say.

Not all of us want the family club model. And if the rich owners had taken over we wouldn’t have had him in charge in the first place and wouldn’t have the squad we have.

Edited by Big Col

1 minute ago, northernsoul said:

That rabble (I'll exclude a certain few) of a squad have been getting away absolute murder all season. What utter guff that was, yet again at home.

2 wins from 7 games at home is absolutely unacceptable and nothing short of a disgrace.

I remember when Firhill used to be a bit of a fortress and it was our away record that was poor. 

Things seemed to have flipped. 

1 minute ago, Thistle88 said:

If we kept that same team from weekend I genuinely feel like we could have won that game, and also built more confidence. 

That was ******* ridiculous how much he changed it after such a good win. Team is better without Penrice in it all day everyday.

I don't understand how you pick on Penrice

I thought he was one of our better players tonight

5 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I remember when Firhill used to be a bit of a fortress and it was our away record that was poor. 

Things seemed to have flipped. 

I disagree.

We would not have fallen 20 places down through the Scottish Leagues if that was the case.

Edited by northernsoul

33 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

None of our lot should be anywhere near MOTM.

Too many to name and I'm so angry I'm best saying nothing.

I know everyone will blame the manager but more than half of those players are imposters.

A full back that can't take a throw in. WTF.

7 players that can't control the ball.

I could go on

2 strikers that look incapable of controlling a ball, let alone do what they are supposed to do and score ie mciver and Rudden.  Beginning to think Rudden thinks he is better than he is - that lack of urgency to pick up a ball that was right beside him and leave it for the Forfar goalkeeper to stroll over and take his time picking it up smacks of laziness 

a goalkeeper that looked like he was going to concede any time Forfar was upfield 

agree about Williamson the last few minutes rather than throw the ball into the box he threw it constantly to a player about 3 foot away who was surrounded by Forfar players 

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

2 strikers that look incapable of controlling a ball, let alone do what they are supposed to do and score ie mciver and Rudden.  Beginning to think Rudden thinks he is better than he is - that lack of urgency to pick up a ball that was right beside him and leave it for the Forfar goalkeeper to stroll over and take his time picking it up smacks of laziness 

a goalkeeper that looked like he was going to concede any time Forfar was upfield 

agree about Williamson the last few minutes rather than throw the ball into the box he threw it constantly to a player about 3 foot away who was surrounded by Forfar players 

You can apply that to the vast majority of our squad. That mentality has been allowed to fester year after year since we achieved top six in 2017.

And look at us now.

• Like 1