New manager/coach

Big Wull

21 hours ago, Big Wull said:

And mind the ref years ago 'tiny warton' i think his name was

Indeed it was (with an "H"). "Big Tiny" ran a structural steel company called Erection Services (but enough of that) in Millroad street in Dennistoun.  Wee story I heard was about an Old Firm match when he awarded Rangers a penalty. Jimmy Johnstone was walking back for the restart  when Big Tiny passed him. "Haw Mr Wharton, that wiz never a penalty" says he to which Wharton replied "I think you'll find when you read your Sunday Post in the morning that it was Mr Johnstone".

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Indeed it was (with an "H"). "Big Tiny" ran a structural steel company called Erection Services (but enough of that) in Millroad street in Dennistoun.  Wee story I heard was about an Old Firm match when he awarded Rangers a penalty. Jimmy Johnstone was walking back for the restart  when Big Tiny passed him. "Haw Mr Wharton, that wiz never a penalty" says he to which Wharton replied "I think you'll find when you read your Sunday Post in the morning that it was Mr Johnstone".

When I did my referee's badge in the early 80's , Tiny came along to offer advice to the final class. His advice was that the laws of the game were designed to be deliberately vague,  and as such the ref was always right!  An interesting man!

Id be saying tonight, "keep it tight at back-nothing stupid-pressure them on ball, early goal and go in for the kill. Lets get 3 or 4 before half time. I beleive if we keep a high tempo they will collapse" then id send them out with beleif and confidence.

1 hour ago, Big Wull said:

Id be saying tonight, "keep it tight at back-nothing stupid-pressure them on ball, early goal and go in for the kill. Lets get 3 or 4 before half time. I beleive if we keep a high tempo they will collapse" then id send them out with beleif and confidence.

do you not fancy making six changes and using up all your subs with half an hour to go?

I was also thinking after the Peterhead game that the five subs (with additional for head knocks/concussion) issue is potentially ripe for abuse - so if all subs have been made and someone gets a muscle tweak, they continue for a bit until they can fake a head knock so the team doesn’t go down to ten players - defo a bit of player “education” to be done Will 

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

do you not fancy making six changes and using up all your subs with half an hour to go?

I was also thinking after the Peterhead game that the five subs (with additional for head knocks/concussion) issue is potentially ripe for abuse - so if all subs have been made and someone gets a muscle tweak, they continue for a bit until they can fake a head knock so the team doesn’t go down to ten players - defo a bit of player “education” to be done Will 

No, I think it's best to go with 'dont change a winning team' formula if no injuries or suspensions. 5 or 6 subs is a no go (barring friendlies)

My team talk tonight would be much like Tuesdays game. "Nothing stupid at the back, pressure every Montrose player, chase every ball. Get an early goal and go in for the kill, punish their every mistake and take our chances. They lose a lot of goals, sonan.early goal will sap their confidence. Looking for 3 nil at half time"

Team talk done, send the players out.

5 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

My team talk tonight would be much like Tuesdays game. "Nothing stupid at the back, pressure every Montrose player, chase every ball. Get an early goal and go in for the kill, punish their every mistake and take our chances. They lose a lot of goals, sonan.early goal will sap their confidence. Looking for 3 nil at half time"

I'd love to see the look on Lambie's face as he listened!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Wull said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for a real team talk, before the game, at half time and after. Bet it would be very interesting

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I reckon that Big Wull has already secretly taken over the Firhill dressing room; it's him who's now the real manager.

McCall is the puppet. 

It seems to be working.

I wish! Maybe someone at Firhill reads the posts here, and passed on my team talk.