New manager/coach

Big Wull

Tonights team talk "Right team, were on a great run just now, 1more push and it's 1 hand on the title. Make no mistake.....cove are fighting for this title too, so make sure 1st to every 2nd ball, with our passing no daft tippy tappy! An early goal will give us a real lift, but also it will mentally tire them. They will have no option but to come at us, weather the storm, and as they attack it will leave them open in midfiled/defence. Thats when we need to take our chances and get a 2nd goal. They will mentally collapse, then physicall tire. DO NOT ease up...keep at them, we have come to far to roll over, so COME ON, GET OUT THEIR AND DO WHAT I KNOW YOU CAN!" Send them out to pick.up 3pts and nearly the league.

Edited by Big Wull

51 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

Tonights team talk "Right team, were on a great run just now, 1more push and it's 1 hand on the title. Make no mistake.....cove are fighting for this title too, so make sure 1st to every 2nd ball, with our passing no daft tippy tappy! An early goal will give us a real lift, but also it will mentally tire them. They will have no option but to come at us, weather the storm, and as they attack it will leave them open in midfiled/defence. Thats when we need to take our chances and get a 2nd goal. They will mentally collapse, then physicall tire. DO NOT ease up...keep at them, we have come to far to roll over, so COME ON, GET OUT THEIR AND DO WHAT I KNOW YOU CAN!" Send them out to pick.up 3pts and nearly the league.

That's inspired me! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Before you tout your PowerPoints around the manager employment circus, best put it through a spellchecker .... "THEIR" .... tut tut ! (a few apostrophes missing too)

Lets hope that the players don't notice and are inspired to get 3 points, without putting my fingernails through some last minute onychophagy 

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Before you tout your PowerPoints around the manager employment circus, best put it through a spellchecker .... "THEIR" .... tut tut ! (a few apostrophes missing too)

Lets hope that the players don't notice and are inspired to get 3 points, without putting my fingernails through some last minute onychophagy 

I reckon 99.9% of fitba' players (even Thistle players) don't know much about or give a rat's erse about spelling or punctuation. What they do want to know about is how to win the next game, with inspiring instructions and tactics from the boss; in this case, Big Wull!

No onychophagy for me later, but probably a few instances of trichotillomania.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I reckon 99.9% of fitba' players (even Thistle players) don't know much about or give a rat's erse about spelling or punctuation. What they do want to know about is how to win the next game, with inspiring instructions and tactics from the boss; in this case, Big Wull!

No onychophagy for me later, but probably a few instances of trichotillomania.

Correct mate, thanks

6 hours ago, Big Wull said:

If only it was that easy 

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

Make it a good yin Big Wull and in the 25th century, you’ll be amongst the firmament of greatest speeches of all time alongside Lincoln’s Gettysburg address & MLK’s I have a dream.

Perhaps an adapted version of Churchill’s WW2 one ... “ We shall fight them on the Nollie!” :thumbsup2:

Or Aragorn at the Gates of Mordor

THIS DAY WE FIGHT!!!

• Like 1

Tonights team talk " Right lads, listen up. We only need to win tonight and we are the champs, no doubt/goal difference /points per game. Our run since the restart has been great,  so....Im going to ask you for 1 more big game. There not the best team in the league, we are. So go out and play as if its your last ever game, no regrets just rewards. Get an early goal and we will step up a gear. Run your socks off. I know you will do it, because your good enough. Go and win us the league" then I open dressing room door and shake every hand as they go by without saying another word.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Or Aragorn at the Gates of Mordor

That's where I had my first ever pint, The Aragorn in Byres Rd. :) Think it was the same week the Beatles released Revolver.

Btw just worked out that up until Monday this week this has been by far the longest spell I've never been in a pub.

Sorry, team, carry on. We're All Big Wull tonight :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's where I had my first ever pint, The Aragorn in Byres Rd. :) Think it was the same week the Beatles released Revolver.

Btw just worked out that up until Monday this week this has been by far the longest spell I've never been in a pub.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

As long as we get three pints tonight! Sorry!

8 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Tonights team talk " Right lads, listen up. We only need to win tonight and we are the champs, no doubt/goal difference /points per game. Our run since the restart has been great,  so....Im going to ask you for 1 more big game. There not the best team in the league, we are. So go out and play as if its your last ever game, no regrets just rewards. Get an early goal and we will step up a gear. Run your socks off. I know you will do it, because your good enough. Go and win us the league" then I open dressing room door and shake every hand as they go by without saying another word.

So far so good at half time

18 minutes ago, sb1876 said:

Big Wull, what's the lottery numbers tomorrow?  ;)

Things really looking up since you took charge.

Thanks....ran out of likes. I said when I 'flung my hat in the ring to be next coach/manager' that i would keep things simple. In my opinion its a simple game made difficult by people trying to be too fancy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

Well Ive said it before, we have won the league so well done. Should my 'flinging hat in ring for job' get fling out now?

Most certainly not. Your league record Six Wins, Two Draws & Zero Losses speaks for itself. You clearly got the whole squad and management properly focussed. :thumbsup2: