New manager/coach

Big Wull

Last team talk of season at Montrose. "Great run since we restarted guys, a few players missing tonight, but this is a chance for any1 who's contract is up, or, who wants to play themselves into my plans for next season. So, go out and give it ur all, lets finish the season with a win, go out and enjoy the game." Nothing else needed, so sends them out to enjoy the last game of season.

3 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Last team talk of season at Montrose. "Great run since we restarted guys, a few players missing tonight, but this is a chance for any1 who's contract is up, or, who wants to play themselves into my plans for next season. So, go out and give it ur all, lets finish the season with a win, go out and enjoy the game." Nothing else needed, so sends them out to enjoy the last game of season.

That's right up there with Churchill's greatest inspirational speeches!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Is it to early to ask who you mite bring in for next season in the championship??

Just a bit early. Look at jackie mcnamaras team....young/very fit/run all day. Not like some of the treacle sponges we have had in previous years (ie caldwells signings)

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That boy Messi could do us a job.

Past it, surely, and then there's the cloud of tax matters hanging over him. Surely we should do what so many Scottish employers have done and go for the hard work and commitment you get out of a Polish worker. What's that Lewandowski up to just now? :)

41 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

only as good as your last game BW - management is harsh 

Very true, but on other hand, it would have been a different team/tactics IF we had to win to game to win the league. Point is, if you dont give young players a chance in a competitive match, or players looking for a contract extension, in a match where the opposition need to win, but its all academic for us, then when do you play them? A friendly? I would take a loss in a league game to try younger players out as long as it didnt effect out position ie champs.

3 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Very true, but on other hand, it would have been a different team/tactics IF we had to win to game to win the league. Point is, if you dont give young players a chance in a competitive match, or players looking for a contract extension, in a match where the opposition need to win, but its all academic for us, then when do you play them? A friendly? I would take a loss in a league game to try younger players out as long as it didnt effect out position ie champs.

Words of wisdom.

But .... shoogly peg, all the same!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Resorting to cliches is when you’re close to the end.

Taxi for Big Wull

• 1 month later...

With Ian McCall winning the league, bringing a good few players maybe it time I flung my hat in the ring for the other job(if i dont get coachn gig at Firhill) in Glasgow-the Scotland job. Id start Gilmour, Adams, Turnball, Forrest. No point in playing same team as mondays team. Swithering about keeper.

14 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

With Ian McCall winning the league, bringing a good few players maybe it time I flung my hat in the ring for the other job(if i dont get coachn gig at Firhill) in Glasgow-the Scotland job. Id start Gilmour, Adams, Turnball, Forrest. No point in playing same team as mondays team. Swithering about keeper.

Try playing all 4, plus the starting 11 and the extra keeper and we might have half a chance.