New manager/coach

Big Wull

5 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Most jags fans are happy with the job mccall is doing, so happy he is unlikely to leave. As always a small percentage will feel the necessity to make a barbed comment. Strange.

Strange indeed! For people to have different opinions of Partick Thistle FC's manager. Very strange!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Most jags fans are happy with the job mccall is doing, so happy he is unlikely to leave. As always a small percentage will feel the necessity to make a barbed comment. Strange.

I'm not happy. Never have been and never will be.

But because "Most Jags Fans are happy" I am to be silenced and not allowed to have an opinion.

Never thought I would say this, but I am so glad that Boris/Nicola run the country rather than you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But because "Most Jags Fans are happy" I am to be silenced and not allowed to have an opinion.

Never thought I would say this, but I am so glad that Boris/Nicola run the country rather than you.

Who would you rather have and would they be doing a better job? Bottom line is the team's performance whether we like the manager or not is largely irrelevant.

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Where did I say you weren't entitled to an opinion? Of course you are and I choose not to agree with it. That's kind of how democracy works.  Annoying I know but sometimes you just have to suck it up. 

8 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

...Never thought I would say this, but I am so glad that Boris/Nicola run the country rather than you.

What terrible times we live in when a Jags fan says that any of our current clutch of rulers would be more capable of running the country than one of our own.  :no: Do we have room for such extremism in our midst? ;)

• Like 1

In the dressing room tomorrow id would say ' right lads we are the top scorers in the league, so from the 1st whistle get right on top of them and start hitting the target and lets score a few goals early and demoralize them. Lets keep the defence nice and tight and keep our clean sheet running. Dont let the heads go dowm, just keep plugging away and the chances will come, and with chances we will get goals'

1 minute ago, Big Wull said:

In the dressing room tomorrow id would say ' right lads we are the top scorers in the league, so from the 1st whistle get right on top of them and start hitting the target and lets score a few goals early and demoralize them. Lets keep the defence nice and tight and keep our clean sheet running. Dont let the heads go dowm, just keep plugging away and the chances will come, and with chances we will get goals'

I believe influential central defender Ricky Little is missing from Arbroath’s line up tomorrow so would agree with above approach to the game with a bit of early shock and awe ,knocking them off their stride and get that important first goal .

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 4:18 AM, Anniesland Jag said:

I believe influential central defender Ricky Little is missing from Arbroath’s line up tomorrow so would agree with above approach to the game with a bit of early shock and awe ,knocking them off their stride and get that important first goal .

Looks like we went for Plan B instead........

Its time for 'home truths' in the dressing room. Players must stand up and be counted. Id be telling the players if any 1 doesnt think we can win today, they can leave now. Then id tell the players that this lot are here for the taking, who cares if they havnt lost since early sept, then id tell them if they have any hopes of playing at a higher level then scottish championship then today is that day, and go out and prove it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Team talk today. Well this lot, and everyone else, thinks our last score here was a fluke. I'm telling you now,it wasn't, so go out there, win every individual battle and don't give up. Let's get an early goal, then a second and we will see this lot collapse. Remember we have 2 games in hand over the leaders so win this and keep the pressure on everyone else. Remember I believe in you, but these other clubs n punters don't. Go our and win, I know you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Team talk today. Well this lot, and everyone else, thinks our last score here was a fluke. I'm telling you now,it wasn't, so go out there, win every individual battle and don't give up. Let's get an early goal, then a second and we will see this lot collapse. Remember we have 2 games in hand over the leaders so win this and keep the pressure on everyone else. Remember I believe in you, but these other clubs n punters don't. Go our and win, I know you can.

We got the second but sadly the collapse did not happen.

2 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Shouldn’t set unrealistic expectations. Never say Thistle should win, just asking for trouble 

Tonight's team talk:  this is the biggest game of the season. We need to start sharp, there new manager has given then a wee lift so get in about then hard and fast not giving them a minute. They won't like it, so treat as a must win and go out and win ur own battles.  IF Rudden is playing I would pull him aside for a wee chat. I'd explain to him that this is the level of team you need to be scoring against regularly if you want a move to a so called bigger team, say I believe that he can cause them problems and get a goal or 2.