Big Wull

18 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Must Have's

Sneddon, Turner, Tiffoney, Docherty, Holt, Banzo, Muirhead

Maybe

Brownlie

Let go

Mullen,  Smith

The list is going to be dependent on what league we are in next season. Not sure that any of them could do a turn in the premier - maybe Holt. Have Banzo and Muirhead got another Championship season in them ? 

On 2/22/2023 at 4:35 PM, Lenziejag said:

The list is going to be dependent on what league we are in next season. Not sure that any of them could do a turn in the premier - maybe Holt. Have Banzo and Muirhead got another Championship season in them ? 

I don’t think Banzo has but you just know he’s going to get a new 2 year deal regardless which will no doubt eat into the budget.  Will likely get his new deal while must keeps like Turner, Sneddon etc are released after being told we have no money left.

I think the error of giving Graham a new 2 year deal by McCall is showing up.  Just becoming a repeat of the second half of 2022 - injured, no goals, another year older and add in his sheer stupid petulance getting him sent off against cove.

Its a bit concerning that MCCall said he expected both Graham and Bannigan were well capable of likely playing here at the highest level for 4 or 5 years and I’m afraid his loyalty to certain players has played a big part in his downfall.  Graham certainly didn’t look like he was playing to save McCall at any point in 2023 neither has Bannigan

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

I don’t think Banzo has but you just know he’s going to get a new 2 year deal regardless which will no doubt eat into the budget.  Will likely get his new deal while must keeps like Turner, Sneddon etc are released after being told we have no money left.

I think the error of giving Graham a new 2 year deal by McCall is showing up.  Just becoming a repeat of the second half of 2022 - injured, no goals, another year older and add in his sheer stupid petulance getting him sent off against cove.

Its a bit concerning that MCCall said he expected both Graham and Bannigan were well capable of likely playing here at the highest level for 4 or 5 years and I’m afraid his loyalty to certain players has played a big part in his downfall.  Graham certainly didn’t look like he was playing to save McCall at any point in 2023 neither has Bannigan

I too wouldn't be surprised to see Bannigan with us next season but for slightly different reasons. I think he's the only one from the out of contract players that's likely to decide to stay. Even on a considerably reduced wage he may feel a move elsewhere would be only be of marginal benefit. The rest I sense will all be offski regardless.

Tho' I believe it hypothetical I don't for a minute believe the Club/Manager would have re-signing Banzo higher up their priority list than at least six of the other out of contracts. The only other scenario is one where we might find out where Bannigan is in the pecking order. That would be if we sold Milne for a sizable sum to fund re-signings of others.    

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Big Wull still in with a shout as Assistant Manager!? Presumably Paul MacDonald will have to return full-time to his ThistleWeir role eventually.

• 2 months later...

Tonight's team talk  :  Lets get at them from the start, an early goal and get our magnificent fans on their feet, because they will take the roof off! and then Id mention that our relegation during covid, sorry WRONG relegation, the chairmen of tonight's visitors was the one who said "hearts, Partick Thistte and stenhousemuir should take their medicine.so guys, go and ram his medicine down his throat, walk out and leave them buzzing for the game. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Big Wull said:

Tonight's team talk  :  Lets get at them from the start, an early goal and get our magnificent fans on their feet, because they will take the roof off! and then Id mention that our relegation during covid, sorry WRONG relegation, the chairmen of tonight's visitors was the one who said "hearts, Partick Thistte and stenhousemuir should take their medicine.so guys, go and ram his medicine down his throat, walk out and leave them buzzing for the game. 

Rather than ram his medicine down his throat wouldn’t a suppository be more appropriate?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Big Wull said:

I think it was Stranraer not Stenhousemuir that were harshly relegated

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

See Scott Allison is coming home from the USA - coincidence ? Lot of players we have from the Youth Academy were Coached by Scott   

Scott Allison

@scoallison

Delighted to be back in the U.K. and to join the staff at Nottingham Forest FC. Great first week working with the coaches and players in the Professional Development Phase (PDP). Looking forward to season ahead

It was the following part in the article containing the job advert which intrigued me:

"This is an opportunity to grow what we are already extremely proud of and create something even stronger. There is a new level of financial and logistical support coming into the club, an appetite via fan ownership to produce in the TWYA something extremely special."

Sounds promising but would like to hear more detail once the club are in a position to give it.

• Like 1