New manager/coach

Big Wull

On 3/22/2022 at 4:20 PM, Big Wull said:

Tonight's team talk will need to be a mix of blatant reality and kid gloves : We must show more desire tonight than we have the past few weeks,now if we continue on this poor run of form,and fail to make the play-offs then the start reality us some of you won't be here next year and expired contracts won't be renewed. However,  I do believe there is a good team in here,somewhere, so do me, your team mates and the fans a massive favour - go out and prove to everyone here tonight, that Partick Thistle will fight for every ball not just tonight, but for the rest of the season and put the message out WE AIN'T GIVING UP.  Then after winning here tonight we will build on that and our confidence and desire will return.

Have you tried barking it through a megaphone in the dressing room? I don’t think they are currently hearing you properly 

• Haha 1

Today's team talk: I need a reaction out of everyone today, show ur desire to wear this shirt. If you perform today you will keep the shirt for the next game, which is very important as your performances until the end of the season will go a long way to deciding if you will have a contract here next season. Let's show the last few games have been our 'blip' and go out and perform like I know you can. Come on, FFS, get rite into them and get us 3 fn points. Go now win.

10 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

Today's team talk: I need a reaction out of everyone today, show ur desire to wear this shirt. If you perform today you will keep the shirt for the next game, which is very important as your performances until the end of the season will go a long way to deciding if you will have a contract here next season. Let's show the last few games have been our 'blip' and go out and perform like I know you can. Come on, FFS, get rite into them and get us 3 fn points. Go now win.

Big Wull calls it right 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dibble said:

My big worry is actually next season. Hamilton Morton and Dunfermline are now all better than us and getting stronger and ICT raith and Arbroath will be strong again plus mostly likely Dundee. Think we do well to stay up

It’s far too early to tell. We don’t even know for sure which league we will be in. I don’t see Graham being our first choice striker next year and with no others confirmed with contracts, a lot is going to depend on who gets recruited (and of course who the manager is)

20 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It’s far too early to tell. We don’t even know for sure which league we will be in. I don’t see Graham being our first choice striker next year and with no others confirmed with contracts, a lot is going to depend on who gets recruited (and of course who the manager is)

You can’t possibly think we might still be promoted.

55 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You can’t possibly think we might still be promoted.

Mathematically it is still possible. The fat lady has not yet started to warm up her tonsils 

Besides… was it not you (might have been someone else) who said just a couple of weeks ago, “get behind the team. You might just be surprised” (So far I have been surprised, but possibly not in the way intended)

Edited by Dick Dastardly

50 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Mathematically it is still possible. The fat lady has not yet started to warm up her tonsils 

Besides… was it not you (might have been someone else) who said just a couple of weeks ago, “get behind the team. You might just be surprised” (So far I have been surprised, but possibly not in the way intended)

Hey! Leave me out of this.

10 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don’t think it was me that said it. I have been a Thistle supporter for over 50 years nothing and everything  surprises me about them. 

My team talk for today would be: let's get out this rut we've been in, I know we are a lot better than last 4 games show. So, let's get the sleeves rolled up and make them work for EVERYTHING. If there's any player here who thinks we can't win today,please speak up, as I need your honesty. Any player, know matter who, who says they don't think we can win would automatically be released. Tell players if we are in the play offs ANYTHING can happen. Leave them to think about what I've said and leave dressing room.

Perhaps it's a matter of concern that the opposition manager tonight is none other than Big Wull! Queens benefited from a new manager bounce when Wullie Gibson replaced Alan Johnston a couple of months ago, mainly due to Aidan Fitzpatrick. Then Fitzpatrick got injured, and results took a turn for the worse. Defeat tonight would leave Queens odds-on for the drop, which makes them all the more dangerous.

1 hour ago, Sivad said:

Perhaps it's a matter of concern that the opposition manager tonight is none other than Big Wull! Queens benefited from a new manager bounce when Wullie Gibson replaced Alan Johnston a couple of months ago, mainly due to Aidan Fitzpatrick. Then Fitzpatrick got injured, and results took a turn for the worse. Defeat tonight would leave Queens odds-on for the drop, which makes them all the more dangerous.

I must stress there's only 1 Big Wull....ME. I'm not qos manager.