Scottish Cup away to Dundee Utd

scotty

21 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Told you ALL he was a diddy , complete bomb scare of a player 

He's certainly not a centre back. Defensive midfielder, maybe, or even sweeper in a different era, but he dwells too long on the ball and gets caught in possession.

No-one expects commentators ("fans wi' mics") to be completely neutral but these two this afternoon take the biscuit for biased, boring, curmudgeonly commentary. They even managed to revert to type and slip in a cheap remark aimed at Dundee about how many clubs hadn't won the Scottish Cup since Thistle won it. "Partick all afternoon" as well.

This is all so painfully bloody predictable. Every time we miss sitters we pay the price. Let's be honest, anyone who has been following Thistle for a few decades, like me, knew we were going to blow it after missing what was described as two excellent chances just prior to half time. We do it al the time. Just look at the Cove Rangers game, Sena blasts over the bar when he should have scored and killed the game off and minutes later it's 1-1. The fact that todays goals were conceeded so late just makes it all the more galling but we can now use that age old and over used adage of being able to concentrate on the league :puke:

3 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

No-one expects commentators ("fans wi' mics") to be completely neutral but these two this afternoon take the biscuit for biased, boring, curmudgeonly commentary. They even managed to revert to type and slip in a cheap remark aimed at Dundee about how many clubs hadn't won the Scottish Cup since Thistle won it. "Partick all afternoon" as well.

**** sake are you no interested in the result 

1 minute ago, Fearchar said:

The playing squad desperately needs fresh blood. At the moment we're relying on loans and persuading old players known to the expansive managerial setup. The club hasn't managed that side of things since Bobby Dinnie retired.

Bobby Dinnie had absolutely nothing to do with 1st team recruitment and never has in any of his years of involvement in the game 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Bobby Dinnie had absolutely nothing to do with 1st team recruitment and never has in any of his years of involvement in the game 

The throughput of youngsters has, by all appearances, dried up. The first team is dependent on old journeymen and young loanees - not a long-term solution, even from an economic point of view.

5 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Em, sorry but that is wrong! I have known Bob  foe decades and he was responsible for numerous first team players including Kris Doolan

• Like 2

Macall gamble by not giving respect to forfar and the result was  a disaster. He kept the  full squad for the Scottish cup looking for glory and this turned out a disaster . We have a mountain to climb to even get to the play offs .

1 minute ago, 1876 said:

Macall gamble by not giving respect to forfar and the result was  a disaster. He kept the  full squad for the Scottish cup looking for glory and this turned out a disaster . We have a mountain to climb to even get to the play offs .

He didn’t gamble he’s rotating the squad given the number of games we have ...nothing unusual about that 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Em, sorry but it’s not wrong , google away my friend 

Bob Dinnie discovered Kris Doolan , Robert Dunn , Kenny Arthur and prior to his involvement at Firhill , Kenny Dalgleish and Robert Russell, and these are just the ones I can remember off the top off my head. He also ran the youth team at Firhill and had a number of players advance to the first team including Derek Lyle, Martin Lauchlan, Jamie McKenzie, Willie Howie & Liam McVey. On a Saturday afternoon he and Alex Robertson were away scouting for the first team usually taking in a minimum of two games so regardless of what  Google says Bob Dinnie did provide numerous players for the first team!

Edited by Camallain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be honest I could not get worked up about today’s proceedings and spent most of the day in the car eventually driving myself nuts listening to snatches of reports on the game on Radio Scotland .

Can’t comment too much on the game as I did not see it but sounded like a Jekyll and Hide Thistle performance with chances missed in first half  and have to feel for young Sena who I know will be hurting .

Good opportunity to bounce back on Tuesday night against an East Fife who will be down after going to extra time and losing to the Greenock Jaikies .

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

The playing squad desperately needs fresh blood. At the moment we're relying on loans and persuading old players known to the expansive managerial setup. The club hasn't managed that side of things since Bobby Dinnie retired.

Yep and fully expect the manager to give guys like foster and Sneddon new contracts. One will be year older and hasn’t been exceptional and the other has been 4 years and is never going to be good enough for number one.

never going to happen but if McCall had any sense he would be trying to move on these guys and add enough wages from so many under achievers  to try and get Tiffoney who is out of contract at Livi to stay on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

The throughput of youngsters has, by all appearances, dried up. The first team is dependent on old journeymen and young loanees - not a long-term solution, even from an economic point of view.

The first team bar a couple of exceptions seems to be almost entirely relying on Scott Tiffoney- if only everyone else had even half the passion, energy and ability of this guy.  If we get to the playoffs it will be a huge bit down to him almost dragging some of his woeful team mates along there

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Camallain said:

Bob Dinnie discovered Kris Doolan , Robert Dunn , Kenny Arthur and prior to his involvement at Firhill , Kenny Dalgleish and Robert Russell, and these are just the ones I can remember off the top off my head. He also ran the youth team at Firhill and had a number of players advance to the first team including Derek Lyle, Martin Lauchlan, Jamie McKenzie, Willie Howie & Liam McVey. On a Saturday afternoon he and Alex Robertson were away scouting for the first team usually taking in a minimum of two games so regardless of what  Google says Bob Dinnie did provide numerous players for the first team!

Should really ban Bobby Houston from the forum , a total clown.

Sat with Bobby Dinnie at a PTFC dinner , absolute gentleman and one of our legends. 
Extremely humble considering what he had achieved in the game .

Think we can add Chris Erskine to that list as well !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Should really ban Bobby Houston from the forum , a total clown.

Sat with Bobby Dinnie at a PTFC dinner , absolute gentleman and one of our legends. 
Extremely humble considering what he had achieved in the game .

Think we can add Chris Erskine to that list as well !

Yes, I believe so, you can also add Eddie Kelly who went to Arsenal , Gordon Chisholm and Robert Fleck. There are many, many, more but the old brain cells are not being terribly helpful tonight :thumbsup2:

And you are absolutely spot on the man is an absolute gentleman!