WING LEGEND IS BOWING OUT FOR GOOD

Bobbyhouston

Due to my drunken behaviour  on Saturday and my criticism of players , I will be leaving this wonderful forum , I will be taking permanent absence to take stock of how I need to hold my temper in the heat of another shambolic result 

50 year near misses etc , I should be used to this but unfortunately it spilled over on Saturday with my outburst which was out of order. 

I was thinking that changing my cargo on Saturday from Tennents to Stella may have increased my bad temper but apparently I didn’t nut the Mrs on Saturday so it’s not the  change of cargo 

it’s really down to following the Jags for 50 year home and away and being  emotionally disturbed with the goings on the pitch and off the pitch 

anyway all the best folks and hopefully we get out of this virus shit and get back to Firhill soon and hopefully watch a better Jags team 

Booze and the computer keyboard can often lead to trouble, as I'm sure many of us know too well.

Sometimes PTFC on and off the park p*ss me off totally, and I've posted comments that don't look too clever, even though at the time I thought they were spot on.

If BH is genuinely acknowledging that he was coming across as a d*ck, then credit where it's due.

Ahh disappointing to hear boaby - have watched with interest over the past year or so your red ratings slowly turning green a couple of months ago and onto a positive rating of +13 - thought you were turning a corner - missed yer  meltdown on Saturday - one non-alcoholic Stella too many was it?!

Take your wee sabbatical, get to know your inner bell end a bit better, then get yer cargoed up bandy wingers legs back on the forum. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Cheerie bye Bobby ,always thought watching the Jags and alcohol are not a happy mix these days....sticking to the Monster Munch washed down with Dandelion and Burdock during a game  calms the inevitable 1645 blues to acceptable proportions methinks.

Good luck .

Edited by Anniesland Jag

Hi Bobby, 

Sorry you are withdrawing from the forum. Like you I have been a Jag for a very long time - almost 60 years. I will die  a Jag!

Unlike you I have had long periods where for one reason or another, young family, money, geography or all 3 I couldn't attend matches. 

I was fortunate that these periods of absence tended to coincide with the 'bad' times so that probably insulated me by preventing me becoming too close to  the problem that is Partick Thistle. If ever following football was a roller-coaster experience its being a Partick Thistle Supporter! 

It obvious the Jags mean so much to you and are a big part of your life so keep the faith. 

Take a breather, reflect  and once you feel refreshed come back!

I can't wait for the day when I travel from near Peterhead to Firhill for home games. Its a long day but it's worth it especially when we win! I smile all the way home. 

Cheers, take care and look forward to seeing you back on the forum in a more temperate mood. 

PS: You might also try changing your cargo to Heiniken! 

• Like 1

Bobby all you need to do and this goes for others on this forum, is hand the computer, phone etc over to your nearest and dearest till at least 3 days after each game when we lose or draw. this can be returned to you along with the key to the padlocked fridge when we win. Take care son, once a Jag always a Jag.

23 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

Bobby all you need to do and this goes for others on this forum, is hand the computer, phone etc over to your nearest and dearest till at least 3 days after each game when we lose or draw. 

Be months before ye get your phone back going by our results.

Going by the content of Bobby's posts I would be surprised if he was legally allowed by law to consume his cargo. I cant believe there is someone in their 50/60s that conduct themselves in that manner 

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

Be months before ye get your phone back going by our results.

Going by the content of Bobby's posts I would be surprised if he was legally allowed by law to consume his cargo. I cant believe there is someone in their 50/60s that conduct themselves in that manner 

you better believe it - he’ll be a handful in the care home in his 70s that’s for sure!

3 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

you better believe it - he’ll be a handful in the care home in his 70s that’s for sure!

The police have been called 3 times recently to the care home near to where I was brought up, so it's a given.

The local pub, The Phoenix, has been shut due to Covid, so they've all been going off their nuts.

I find it hilarious to be honest.

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

The police have been called 3 times recently to the care home near to where I was brought up, so it's a given.

The local pub, The Phoenix, has been shut due to Covid, so they've all been going off their nuts.

I find it hilarious to be honest.

can you imagine BobbyH, AuldJag & Sandy in the same care home - lock up yer grannies - jeezo what a handful!

Edited by gianlucatoni

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 11:29 AM, Bobbyhouston said:

Due to my drunken behaviour  on Saturday and my criticism of players , I will be leaving this wonderful forum , I will be taking permanent absence to take stock of how I need to hold my temper in the heat of another shambolic result 

I was sorry to read this at the time.