E Fife Away

westertonjagfan

3 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Four posts in and nobody has said this is a must win game. :)

Tho' I understand the reasoning we've maybe been overdoing it with the changes. Players playing out of position as well. That said I've no idea who all our form players are and have a feeling the predictability of a 4-4-2 isn't helping.

Since we failed to win 2 of the 3 “must win games” then either they weren’t must win, or whatever was going to happen has happened and so it no longer matters

32 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Four posts in and nobody has said this is a must win game. :)

Tho' I understand the reasoning we've maybe been overdoing it with the changes. Players playing out of position as well. That said I've no idea who all our form players are and have a feeling the predictability of a 4-4-2 isn't helping.

We are fast running out of 'must win games'

30 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

We really, really must win this one. 

£12.50 for the stream... Pretty ridiculous but I'll be paying it anyway seeing as it's a must win game. 

East Fife backed us up both votes last year. They protested against our demotion and also voted for reconstruction- so they were definitely good guys

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

East Fife backed us up both votes last year. They protested against our demotion and also voted for reconstruction- so they were definitely good guys

Beat me to it.  East Fife not on the naughty list.  That said I’m working but otherwise it would have been one of the few I would have purchased.  ‘A must win’

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Wasn't going to bother but I'm in, purchasing and hoping for a nice wee  win to get things back on track!!

• Like 1

A win tonight pretty much confirms we go into the top 5 split. If we then win our game in hand we pretty much guarantee a playoff spot and have a chance at the top spot. Lose and we then need to win our game in hand to get back in the playoff spot.

Falkirk have a difficult fixture away to Airdrie as Airdrie are pretty much in last chance saloon to get into the playoffs and probably the top 5 split. Cove are away to a in form Clyde whilst Montrose have a trip to a Dumbarton team who desperately need points.

So to me it isn't so much must win tonight as a big opportunity to close ground on the top.

East fife didn't look that great when we played them at Firhill but they have added Nathan Austin who is a useful striker at this level so we need Brownlie and Sena to be on their game. I think Saturday's formation and starting 11 against Dundee United looks the most likely for this game. Perhaps Williamson may come in for McKenna and perhaps Murray may start in place of either Cardle or Gordon but that would I think be the limit of the changes unless injuries dictate otherwise.

Hopefully won't be too windy up there tonight. Ground being exposed plus a bouncy surface will help the team used to the conditions. A draw obviously isn't the result we're looking for but such an outcome wouldn't necessarily mean we had played poorly. It's our dismal home form (winning only twice in seven outings) that's heaped the pressure on to get all three points.

Hingin' on to the fact that we've had better results on the road for any optimism.