Peterhead away

exiledjag

Never forget the last time we played at Peterhead in 2006. A good friend of mine was then the minister of the Church of Scotland in Peterhead and he very kindly provided lunch in the manse on 3 occasions that season. The first two standard Saturday league games we attended together, but for the Sunday play-off we went to our separate ends. I never saw him after the game, as the poor guy had to go and lead an evening service amid much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Never forget the last time we played at Peterhead in 2006. A good friend of mine was then the minister of the Church of Scotland in Peterhead and he very kindly provided lunch in the manse on 3 occasions that season. The first two standard Saturday league games we attended together, but for the Sunday play-off we went to our separate ends. I never saw him after the game, as the poor guy had to go and lead an evening service amid much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Maybe you can mind, partickthedog. In the first game up there that season we played a trialist for the last half hour. Can't remember his name. He was I think one of the most unfit players I've ever seen take the field for us.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Every weekend there's a Jags game, it's accompanied by a feeling of anticipation and hope.

This weekend is no different.

Similar to following Scotland over the years.

Me and my Brother always laugh at how, no matter who we're playing, we always think we'll get the result.

This normally happens about half an hour before KO when we've had a few beers and doesn't matter if it's Brazil or Germany. 

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2021 at 3:27 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

If this is must win, and we didn't win 3 of the 4 previous league games that we didn't win were supposed to be must win, what makes this one different

What will happen if we don't win ? PTFC will still exist and win, lose or draw, we will still have a chance of making the playoffs, so why is this "must win ?"

I hope we win, but I have no confidence in this team beating Peterhead under 5s

Well  I think its a must win game................ because its a must win game!

Seriously, I said this not just because every game now feels like a must win but also because I was harbouring some thoughts about actually winning the league. To achieve this we can't afford to drop any more points, therefore it is a must win! If we are saying we only need to make 4th Place then clearly it's not a must win. 

17 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

The Peterhead match programme  "Blue Toon Talk"  can be viewed for free on the club website.

https://t.co/XAhC81ACIM

I hope the link works, if not it's in the news section of the club website. 

Some good reading there, including ample coverage of Thistle historical features. In particular it was good to see the Peterhead chairman reaffirming his view that our enforced relegation was unjust.

I also liked the "On This Day" press cuttings from years gone past. Would like to see that in the Jags programme. 

6 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Some good reading there, including ample coverage of Thistle historical features. In particular it was good to see the Peterhead chairman reaffirming his view that our enforced relegation was unjust.

I also liked the "On This Day" press cuttings from years gone past. Would like to see that in the Jags programme. 

Provided daily in the Thistle Archive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Maybe you can mind, partickthedog. In the first game up there that season we played a trialist for the last half hour. Can't remember his name. He was I think one of the most unfit players I've ever seen take the field for us.

Memories of the first two games are very vague. I can recall someone called Stuart Noble making a fleeting appearance and do not think he ever played for us again, but I thought that was in the second game.

Big Wull Sneddon scored his only Thistle goal from open play in the first game. We then sat back on the lead and of course, they bagged an equaliser in the last minute. At least we have cut out that particular failing......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

From deciding after the East Fife game, that enough was enough, feckit, and  I wasn't going to pay for any more away streams, to registering with Peterhead TV was about 30 minutes. 

Mon the Jags. 

I felt the same way after some torturous viewing but as Peterhead are one of the good guys I'll be stumping up my tenner.

However, if our current form continues any of those bandits who skim 12.50 off you can get hunted.  

13 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

If Cove win today and Falkirk lose, it is possible that Cove will be top on goal difference. Best results for us (as long as we win) is surely defeats for both ?

Best results for us of course but won't prove the point many are trying to make on here.

Up The Jags

4 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

This looks like a team selected not to lose the game rather than to go out to win. 

Any clues on how the team will line up as most of our attacking options appear to be on the bench. 

Cardle, Murray Tiffoney and Graham is pretty attack minded I think