Peterhead away

exiledjag

Comfortable performance. Don't remember Peterhead getting a chance never mind a shot on target in the second half.

Now sitting 3rd and with Clyde on Tuesday and Montrose on Thursday we could get within 1 point of Falkirk before they play their next game.

Their next game is against Cove so if we do win on Tuesday and Thursday we will either be 2nd and ahead of Cove or 1 point off top. Cove still have to play Montrose as well

Big week ahead and its getting very tight at the top.

A comfortable victory with the defence solid albeit against not a great opposition but maybe that was more to do with Bannigan and Docherty gradually throttling their midfield threat. Thought both played well. Feel as if Rudden can just get his first goal his confidence will improve. 

Predicted a comfortable Jags victory with a 4-1 result, not far off! Credit to the team, looks like it was going to be one of those days after 30 mins but we got the goal before half time and two quick goals in the second half.  Banzo and Brownlie standouts, Cardle, Tiff, Murray, Graham all gave us a f*cking shift and a half! Sneddon had a good save at 0-0 but was still a bit flappy at crosses and looks like he's a nervous wreck when the baw comes in the box.  

Great result well done the Jags! I honestly didn't see this result coming away against a team whom we have always found difficult to beat! 

Big wheel coming up now! Win our game in hand and league table take on a totally different look! 

An observation we seem to be better creating chances, scoring goals and winning games when teams come at us! 

Not so good when we have to take the initiative and break them down - which I suspect will be required in our next game. 

Final comment for the weekend  but should I change my opinion about Cardle! 

Have a good weekend to all jags where ever  you are! 

10 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

A comfortable victory with the defence solid albeit against not a great opposition but maybe that was more to do with Bannigan and Docherty gradually throttling their midfield threat. Thought both played well. Feel as if Rudden can just get his first goal his confidence will improve. 

Sorry, not meaning to point score as Rudden has actually already got a goal. I'd be looking more to see what he's been doing off the ball to justify a start. Graham, Cardle & Tiffoney can all turn in worthwhile performances even when they don't contribute goals. I'm not too sure that would be the case as yet with Rudden. Put another way he may be less of a team player. I suppose, tho', that too could change if/when he starts scoring on a regular basis.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

35 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Sorry, not meaning to point score as Rudden has actually already got a goal. I'd be looking more to see what he's been doing off the ball to justify a start. Graham, Cardle & Tiffoney can all turn in worthwhile performances even when they don't contribute goals. I'm not too sure that would be the case as yet with Rudden. Put another way he may be less of a team player. I suppose, tho', that too could change if/when he starts scoring on a regular basis.

I meant to say first league goal ..  he is getting into the right positions but needs to finish 

• Like 1

We played some great stuff against a stuffy team that previously gave us problems.

Tiffoney makes a massive difference, giving us skill and pace and an out ball. Graham appears to have lost his attitude problem and the defence is tighter with the additions of 2 experienced defenders.

We still have problems of course as Rudden and MacIver appear not good enough.

But let’s give them some credit tonight and hope we can smash Clyde on Tuesday.