Jags V Clyde

westertonjagfan

Despite  a really horrific fixture list Clyde have had a decent run of form since the restart. They are unlikely to be automatically relegated but still need points to be sure and they will certainly need some to avoid the relegation playoff.

They have a game v Dumbarton on Thursday and Forfar on Saturday which looks huge in defining who finshes 9th. Here's hoping they prioritise those games and rest a few against us. I suspect they will give it a go for a period of time but if they go a couple behind or are behind after 60 minutes they may have to sub off their better players to have shot at Dumbarton and Forfar.

So we need to start with the 11 who started against Peterhead and try and make the game safe early. Only switch I would make is Wright for Sneddon if Wright is fit. We are at the part of the season where consitency of selection will help with form and results. To a certain degree the team from the top 4  that can from now on in play their best 11 as often as possible will probably win the league.

Reported in today's BBC website discussions are underway to:

- reconstruct the leagues into a 12/12/10/10 format

- there will be no relegation for a year from extended championship

-2 Teams to be promoted from League 1 (to Championship) 

- Rangers and Celtic Colts  will take up the two places that will become available  in League 2

If this proposal gains support and is implemented next season the implications for the Jags seem to me to be that we must finish at least 2nd in the League and/or reach the play-off final in order to cover most possible outcomes. Not knowing how this will pan out and assuming the play-off matches will still go  ahead  these seem to me to be the default positions. 

Games v Clyde, Montrose and Dumbarton just became even more must win! 

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

- Rangers and Celtic Colts  will take up the two places that will become available  in League 2

If this proposal gains support and is implemented next season the implications for the Jags seem to me to be that we must finish at least 2nd in the League and/or reach the play-off final in order to cover most possible outcomes. Not knowing how this will pan out and assuming the play-off matches will still go  ahead  these seem to me to be the default positions. 

23.2% of Scottish fans are in favour of OF colt teams playing in the senior leagues. That's reduced to 11% when you discount OF opinions. In other words only one supporter in nine representing forty out of forty two clubs wishes to see Rangers & Celtic colt teams in the leagues.

• Like 2

I'd rather see us stay in League 1 than let those scumbags enter Colt teams.

• Like 1

Does that mean Alloa and possibly Brechin saved from drops?  Just a co-incidence and no vested interests at work I presume.

I don't see it

14 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I don't see it

I agree.  The SPFL/SFA will need an 11 to 1 majority in the PL,  8 out of 10 in the Championship,  and 15 out of 20 in leagues 1 & 2.

There may be no relegation from the Championship,  but will one team be relegated  from the PL, and will PL (and other league) play off games go ahead? If teams1 & 2 in league 1 & 2 get promoted without playoffs, the only teams to benefit will be those in relegation trouble in all leagues. A lot of votes against at the top of leagues.

I don't see PLteams voting for this.  Their prize money gets diluted,  just to bring in erse cheek colt teams? 11-1 for this? Think again.

1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I agree.  The SPFL/SFA will need an 11 to 1 majority in the PL,  8 out of 10 in the Championship,  and 15 out of 20 in leagues 1 & 2.

There may be no relegation from the Championship,  but will one team be relegated  from the PL, and will PL (and other league) play off games go ahead? If teams1 & 2 in league 1 & 2 get promoted without playoffs, the only teams to benefit will be those in relegation trouble in all leagues. A lot of votes against at the top of leagues.

I don't see PLteams voting for this.  Their prize money gets diluted,  just to bring in erse cheek colt teams? 11-1 for this? Think again.

I meant I don’t see the report 

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I don't see it

Do you mean you don't see this happening or you don't see the article! I assumed the latter and returned to the BBC website so that I could give you a Web address. 

Guess what I can't find it anywhere - it's disappeared! 

I can add to my previous comments by saying the proposal was being discussed by a what looked like a special SFA Board (which I assume included SPFL representatives). 

I can assure all members of wearethistle that I did read this and didn't make it up! 

Apologies if I have caused a storm in a tea cup. 

32 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Do you mean you don't see this happening or you don't see the article! I assumed the latter and returned to the BBC website so that I could give you a Web address. 

Guess what I can't find it anywhere - it's disappeared! 

I can add to my previous comments by saying the proposal was being discussed by a what looked like a special SFA Board (which I assume included SPFL representatives). 

I can assure all members of wearethistle that I did read this and didn't make it up! 

Apologies if I have caused a storm in a tea cup. 

Or in Auld Jag’s case, a storm in an orange and peach glass

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dougall said:

Anyone else finding the video quality of the stream to be particular poor.  Almost seems slightly out of focus and the ball dissappears any time there is a cross into the box.

It's like that quite a lot. I don't understand how clubs like East Fife can have a stable high definition stream for fully 90 minutes when ours is often poor.

Edited by westertonjagfan
  • Like 1