Neil Lennon & Our Director

Norgethistle

Did anyone else notice our director, rocks owner and Celtic fan accompanying Neil Lennon in the video posted on line from Newcastle this week?

Reflects badly on club our director breaking lockdown travel restrictions to go on piss day after pubs opened down south.

Press are apparently running the story tomorrow 

27 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Don’t like the video or social media justice that it provokes 

Fully agree - glad there weren’t any mobile phones about in the 80s & 90s when I was getting up to the same japes :drink2:

Apology will do maximum and let’s move on.

Edited by gianlucatoni

If we look thru this forum and various other Jags social media accounts we'll see countless disparaging references to our insular recruitment. By that I mean mainly Britton, Archie, Rough, Maxwell etc and to a degree McCall. Many folk voice an opinion that we're far too much "jobs for the boys". So this director being a fan of another club shouldn't make any difference.  I don't have a particular opinion on the issue as such, only that his non Thistleness shouldn't become a contributory factor.

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If we look thru this forum and various other Jags social media accounts we'll see countless disparaging references to our insular recruitment. By that I mean mainly Britton, Archie, Rough, Maxwell etc and to a degree McCall. Many folk voice an opinion that we're far too much "jobs for the boys". So this director being a fan of another club shouldn't make any difference.  I don't have a particular opinion on the issue as such, only that his non Thistleness shouldn't become a contributory factor.

He writes a Celtic blog???? Get him out.

• Like 1

I think there’s an unnecessary rush to judge by social media and award a P45 these days which is a  sad sign of the times - some folk would make fine jurors in a court case!

I don’t agree with that instant P45 outlook at all and specifically in cases like this we are not in possession of any facts whatsoever- for example he could quite likely have been down there on legitimate business and perfectly entitled to go for a drink with his mates - one of whom happens to be the ex Celtic manager. I travel across two local authority areas to get to work (stay local anyone?) and was down in Eyemouth last weekend similarly ‘breaking lockdown’ so I won’t be judging anyone on 

And, yes, as LiB says he’s a smellik fan but so what he’s on the board to bring a specific skill set - a straw poll of our first team squad would reveal similar loyalties to the OF  we’re obviously his big team. 

2 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

I think there’s an unnecessary rush to judge by social media and award a P45 these days which is a  sad sign of the times - some folk would make fine jurors in a court case!

I don’t agree with that instant P45 outlook at all and specifically in cases like this we are not in possession of any facts whatsoever- for example he could quite likely have been down there on legitimate business and perfectly entitled to go for a drink with his mates - one of whom happens to be the ex Celtic manager. I travel across two local authority areas to get to work (stay local anyone?) and was down in Eyemouth last weekend similarly ‘breaking lockdown’ so I won’t be judging anyone on 

And, yes, as LiB says he’s a smellik fan but so what he’s on the board to bring a specific skill set - a straw poll of our first team squad would reveal similar loyalties to the OF  we’re obviously his big team. 

There is being a fan of an other club and keeping it under your hat whilst a director at this club, and there is writing blogs appearing in podcasts, posting pictures of yourself with that clubs manager and trophy and financially backing the other club whilst a director at this club.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

There is being a fan of an other club and keeping it under your hat whilst a director at this club, and there is writing blogs appearing in podcasts, posting pictures of yourself with that clubs manager and trophy and financially backing the other club whilst a director at this club.

Aye, but some would say the skill set and/or overall contribution the person brings to the Club is worth the bite on the bullet. Bit similar in hypocrisy as to when a journeyman footballer falls foul of a club breaching his contract.  He's quickly shown the door. But when a 20+ goal striker does the same he gets away with a rap on the wrist. So unpalatable as it may be there's perhaps a case of weighing up what the director brings to the Club against the damage of his alleged misdemeanours. 

Well, even without knowing further details about what might or might not be a murky incident, I would like to know what skill set the Director in question brings to the Firhill table, and what tangible evidence of the club having gained benefits from these skills might exist. Or might it be that his directorship at Firhill is only an amusing talking point when the person in question is among his beloved Hail Hail crowd? Cuddly toy etc.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Two issues getting confused here

1. on the video I would suggest we are all a bit less judgmental on a minutes film clip on a phone ......unless of course someone knows all the facts and context .....not that anyone here has been drunk with a fan from another club though 

2.  Is there a rule that directors have to be fans of the club ? because if he isn’t he’s not the first in that category 

Whether or not he is a fan of the club, he is in a privileged position and appears to have broken covid rules. As someone who didn't leave my own post code area for over 6 months, I hope that the authorities thow the book at them. Lennon in particular clearly doesn't give a toss about the rest of us, witness the Dubai trip.

50 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Whether or not he is a fan of the club, he is in a privileged position and appears to have broken covid rules. As someone who didn't leave my own post code area for over 6 months, I hope that the authorities thow the book at them. Lennon in particular clearly doesn't give a toss about the rest of us, witness the Dubai trip.

Actually I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the Jags director became the media's top story, thereby deflecting attention from wee Neil Lemon and the other erse-cheeks' covid rules flouters.

To quote the immortal George Harrison, "That's the way it goes."

what a cosy wee insular bunch we appear to be on here - seems to be a running thread from some of don't dare support another team or have other business interests or have a beer or have mates - as for hiding his allegiances I do remember seeing him a good while back with Brendan Rogers so not exactly keeping those allegiances hidden from view. 

don't get me wrong, I have no time for Lennon or the green filth, but some creep filming you surreptitiously on a phone possibly so he can get some cheap 'likes' on social media is beyond the pale for me - Lennon only appeared half-cut but whether that hints at deeper demons who knows - our director was being protective of his half-cut mate - what's the specific issue here or have those chucking the first bricks never been half cut themselves?

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

Two issues getting confused here

1. on the video I would suggest we are all a bit less judgmental on a minutes film clip on a phone ......unless of course someone knows all the facts and context .....not that anyone here has been drunk with a fan from another club though 

2.  Is there a rule that directors have to be fans of the club ? because if he isn’t he’s not the first in that category 

1 The context is he travelled from Scotland to England for a day out when traveling outwith your local council area is banned and got caught.

2 There is being a fan of a club and appearing on regular pod casts of the clubs supporters whilst being on a blog about the club

D4155C27-6A21-498A-945C-F82851D3CAD5.jpeg