CAN WE DO IT ?

Bobbyhouston

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Falirk have punted their management team https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/04/21/club-statement-22/

Not sure that this is good news. Falkirk were doing just fine (for us) under the previous management. If Holt takes over for the rest of the season, they might well improve.

Now more important that they don’t get a win v Cove.

34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not sure that this is good news. Falkirk were doing just fine (for us) under the previous management. If Holt takes over for the rest of the season, they might well improve.

Now more important that they don’t get a win v Cove.

Holt retired from playing years ago

3 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

We've sacked and replaced managers a couple of times recently with no instant improvement whatsoever, no reason to suggest that Falkirk will suddenly improve massively.

True, but many do. I was just suggesting that Holt is probably a better manager than McCracken/Millar and that is not what we need right now. Things were going just fine the way they were.

2 hours ago, laukat said:

You want to sack the guy who has taken us to the top of the league and on the cusp of an immediate return to the championship?

Who do you think Falkirk will have applying for their post? I know Mourinho has just been emptied at Spurs but I don't think he's up for the challenge of League 1 football

McCall's had his errors this year. In particular Forfar at home and East fife away but it does look like has put together a decent team and in Rudden and Tiffoney we have arguably some of the best young attacking  talent in the Scottish Leagues.

It was slightly tongue in cheek as this would not be the right time. End of the season will do. Wouldn't want Mourinho and his park the bus tactics, but a joint player management team of Messi and Ronaldo might be interesting. Think they could do a job for us in either Championship or League One.

As for Rudden and Tiffoney. Scott is only here for another 4 games before returning to Livvy. (Yes McCall has taken us so low that our star player is on loan from Livvy. Sad times). Also, upto two weeks ago Rudden was a total Donkey, so it remains to be seen if this is his true form or just a purple patch. I'd also be concerned about his glass legs. I doubt if either are on the radar of other clubs, so "best attacking talent in the Scottish Leagues" is pushing it a bit.

I think Falkirk have more problems than Gary Holt can fix.

Gomis was sent off last night so he's suspended for the Cove game and they have a few injuries. Lee Miller who's just been punted was playing a few games as triker.

Sometime you get a new manager bounce but I'm not sure Holt is 'new' as he's been Director of Football at Falkirk for the last few months and had an input into the team in the last few weeks.

Holt doesn't have much time either as they will have to play 4 games in 2 weeks so not much in the way of training sessions to massively change anything. He'll do well to get them to the playoffs and give them any chance of promotion through that route.

1 hour ago, laukat said:

I think Falkirk have more problems than Gary Holt can fix.

Gomis was sent off last night so he's suspended for the Cove game and they have a few injuries. Lee Miller who's just been punted was playing a few games as triker.

Sometime you get a new manager bounce but I'm not sure Holt is 'new' as he's been Director of Football at Falkirk for the last few months and had an input into the team in the last few weeks.

Holt doesn't have much time either as they will have to play 4 games in 2 weeks so not much in the way of training sessions to massively change anything. He'll do well to get them to the playoffs and give them any chance of promotion through that route.

They do have 4 and a bit days between their 1st game vs Cove and us on Thursday

1 hour ago, McCall Out said:

It was slightly tongue in cheek as this would not be the right time. End of the season will do. Wouldn't want Mourinho and his park the bus tactics, but a joint player management team of Messi and Ronaldo might be interesting. Think they could do a job for us in either Championship or League One.

As for Rudden and Tiffoney. Scott is only here for another 4 games before returning to Livvy. (Yes McCall has taken us so low that our star player is on loan from Livvy. Sad times). Also, upto two weeks ago Rudden was a total Donkey, so it remains to be seen if this is his true form or just a purple patch. I'd also be concerned about his glass legs. I doubt if either are on the radar of other clubs, so "best attacking talent in the Scottish Leagues" is pushing it a bit.

Good to see your glass half empty mentality is alive and kicking. Can you not just enjoy the last 4 wins?