Thistle v Dumbarton from Dunbartonshire match thread

thebiglemon

Just now, javeajag said:

Well done to Ian McCall .....top of the league after 18 games , best goal difference, most goals scored and great form going into the play offs 

I'll second that.  About a fortnight ago  we discussed the difference between entiltlement and expectation as a Jags fans.

Well, somebody must have read it out to the squad as they are now 100% fully meeting our expectations.  Well done everybody.

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

That's 4 wins on the trot 12 goals with 0 conceded and 12 points in the bag. 

Must win game coming up on Saturday v Airdrie  with Falkirk and Cove playing each other. 

3 points on Saturday and either Falkirk or Cove could be out of the race! 

If ever a game was NOT must win it is this one. Whatever happens it will still be in our own hands

That could well be our best result of the season. Dumbarton are so stuffy in defence I might have been happy to take the half time scores for full time.

Btw Yon Barry Cook is some laugh. Has he something in his contract that says he's got to knock off our first goal, no matter how far over the line?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If ever a game was NOT must win it is this one. Whatever happens it will still be in our own hands

Of course you are correct DD. 

The must win was tongue-in-cheek given we seem to have playing must win games for 3 years or so! 

I do think though the management and players must approach the game with the correct mental attitude - we can relax a bit but not too much!

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That could well be our best result of the season. Dumbarton are so stuffy in defence I might have been happy to take the half time scores for full time.

Btw Yon Barry Cook is some laugh. Has he something in his contract that says he's got to knock off our first goal, no matter how far over the line?

Agreeon both counts  your ladyship.

We never seem to do very well at Dumbarton and their stats suggest they are adept at stuffiness! 

As for Barry Cook well he is either totally incompetent or biased against the Jags! Let's face it he disallows our goals even when we hit the back of the net with the ball!