Thistle v Dumbarton from Dunbartonshire match thread

thebiglemon

Going by that picture it was only a foot over the line so perhaps not as clear cut as thought. As I said before, that picture sums up how much goal he had to aim at, and by putting it back towards the centre of the goal gave the ref a decision to make. In the end, we won, so who cares now. We move on to the first of 4 cup finals 

11 hours ago, allyo said:

I wonder if we've ever won 4 league games in 11 days before.

I doubt it. 

We've just won four games in a row and scored 12 without reply. I know these have been hard times but there really is cause for optimism now. If we can't take any joy in doing well then what is the point of following the team?

2 hours ago, michael m said:

It was the normal grey away top we wore last night not the blue anniversary top.  The grey one is fine but the blue one is sensational! While mentioning the anniversary top it is worth thanking all the jersey sponsors, especially Just Employment Law, who allow that top to be worn unbranded - didn’t have to do that but all part of the excellent sponsorship that they afforded us 

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Either way the grey/dark blue top with white shorts and socks makes the team look quicker. I know this is an illusion but nevertheless it looks that way to me.  Wonder if our opponents feel the same? 

I hope the club recognise the loyalty of our sponsors by agreeing favourable terms when we are back in the PL in the season after next! 

2 hours ago, Thornwood Jag said:

We've just won four games in a row and scored 12 without reply. I know these have been hard times but there really is cause for optimism now. If we can't take any joy in doing well then what is the point of following the team?

Not sure if you've completely missed the point of my post, or if I've completely missed the point of yours

• Haha 1

Couldn’t watch the live stream, so waited until the highlights. Lots of punching the air in the office of a small bookshop in Australia at lunchtime today. Heady scenes in Dumbarton and Adelaide. 

Now let’s get on and win this league. 

( the silence from those wanting McCall punted a few weeks back is hilarious, the posters who were all over the East Fife thread like a bad rash seem very, very quiet on here today. Get it right up you.) 

13 minutes ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Couldn’t watch the live stream, so waited until the highlights. Lots of punching the air in the office of a small bookshop in Australia at lunchtime today. Heady scenes in Dumbarton and Adelaide. 

Now let’s get on and win this league. 

( the silence from those wanting McCall punted a few weeks back is hilarious, the posters who were all over the East Fife thread like a bad rash seem very, very quiet on here today. Get it right up you.) 

I've not gone away and I still want him punted.

Credit where it's due and the last 11 days have been great for all who support The Jags and McCall has played his part in that. However it does not make up for the past 11 months (and more) of utter dross and simply highlights how poor this league is and what might have happened if we had played like this from the start. Someone above posted 1 point out of 6 from Cove and 2 points out of 6 from Falkirk. If we had just won those home games we would now be 7 points clear and pretty much wrapped up.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

I've not gone away and I still want him punted.

Credit where it's due and the last 11 days have been great for all who support The Jags and McCall has played his part in that. However it does not make up for the past 11 months (and more) of utter dross and simply highlights how poor this league is and what might have happened if we had played like this from the start. Someone above posted 1 point out of 6 from Cove and 2 points out of 6 from Falkirk. If we had just won those home games we would now be 7 points clear and pretty much wrapped up.

Although the last 8 games just shows that the people saying we deserved what we got last season and there was no chance of us escaping miss the point of playing the season to it’s completion. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Although the last 8 games just shows that the people saying we deserved what we got last season and there was no chance of us escaping miss the point of playing the season to it’s completion. 

Of course a full season would give a truer picture as will this season if we win the league, but at that point last season we were at the point that we were. There was no missing the point at all.

One lesson we need to learn! The decision not to offer Steven Anderson a contract was a big mistake I think. Let's not do the same with Steven Bell. I don't care if he's 36. Regardless of the league we are in next season, we should be trying to get him signed up for another year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

One lesson we need to learn! The decision not to offer Steven Anderson a contract was a big mistake I think. Let's not do the same with Steven Bell. I don't care if he's 36. Regardless of the league we are in next season, we should be trying to get him signed up for another year. 

Agree and he wants to go into coaching as well, maybe player coach also with Thistle Weir. Can’t remember if it’s East Kilbride or BSC he is with but we would presumably have to pay some compensation.

as someone who was critical of Richard Foster in first couple of games of season he has also become a hugely important player for us and might be well worth keeping on

18 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Bell has really impressed in his defending distribution and the air of calm he brings to the defence. Bell also looks fitter than Anderson. Defintely worth signing Bell up for next season.

Anderson did a good short term job for us but time was catching up with him and I wasn't susprised we didn't sign him for the following season. I think he went to Raith and struggled for fitness, playing inly 8 times and is now at Forfar where he has only played once this season.

Slightly surprised to see Anderson is only 35 and Bell is 36.

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Of course a full season would give a truer picture as will this season if we win the league, but at that point last season we were at the point that we were. There was no missing the point at all.

With that response, you definitely are missing the point.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

The point you are obviously making is that if the season went to its normal conclusion then Thistle wouldn't have been bottom. There is no evidence that we would have done enough to save ourselves.

Two weeks ago there was no evidence we would be top today.  You totally are missing the point.