Thistle v Dumbarton from Dunbartonshire match thread

thebiglemon

5 minutes ago, allyo said:

Airdrie are on an excellent run. No reason to fear them but it's probably the toughest game at the moment

Airdrie have a dilemma.

After they play us on Saturday they have Montrose on Tuesday. Montrose don't play on Saturday so they will be fresh. The game they have against Montrose probably decides if they make the playoffs.

So do Airdrie play their best 11 against us and Montrose or do they prioritise the Montrose game? I suspect they will have a go against us but if they go behind will quickly ring the changes.

The loser of the Cove v Falkirk game probaby needs to start thinking about how they plot a route to and through the playoffs rather than going all out in their last remaining games to get the title. 

42 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Absolutely delicious. But let’s not get carried away. We’ve not won anything yet. Fair play to the team finally getting the finger out and winning games. Only 4 more wins and we’re out of this god forsaken league.

14 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

One game at a time ... as big  C says  not time to get carried away yet ... 3 points and a clean sheet next match will do nicely 

Agree. We need to keep playing every game as if it is a must win game until it is mathematically impossible for us to be caught. Airdrie(h) Saturday, Cove (a) next Tuesday and then Falkirk(h) next Thursday are not easy games. But if we win them we have won the league.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, laukat said:

Airdrie have a dilemma.

After they play us on Saturday they have Montrose on Tuesday. Montrose don't play on Saturday so they will be fresh. The game they have against Montrose probably decides if they make the playoffs.

So do Airdrie play their best 11 against us and Montrose or do they prioritise the Montrose game? I suspect they will have a go against us but if they go behind will quickly ring the changes.

The loser of the Cove v Falkirk game probaby needs to start thinking about how they plot a route to and through the playoffs rather than going all out in their last remaining games to get the title. 

If Airdrie beat us, they could win the league.

They'll be giving it 100% no doubt but as you say, if they go a couple behind, could rest players later in the game.

Absolutely brilliant result. The feelgood factor is returning.

On the ghost goal, the picture that apparently shows the ball over the line, the ball is in the air so at that moment its not over the line, at the point the keeper gets it, it most likely was, but I couldnt believe Rudden knocked it back toward the keeper with the goal at his mercy. The ref shouldnt have had any doubt if it was a goal or not. Having said that, im delighted he did manage to score and he hope he continues to improve.

10 hours ago, laukat said:

Airdrie have a dilemma.

Agree with the Cove v Falkirk assessment.  My only doubt being will Airdrie prioritise the Montrose game. Perhaps it's unwise in terms of strategy but if we were in Airdrie's position I would want us to go after every game and see what happens! 

Sorry but old guys tend to repeat themselves over and over, don't they.......... but I do love that dark blue kit! I hope we keep wearing it  as we  seem to win games when playing  wearing this kit! Maybe it's our lucky talisman! 

I will try not to mention this again! 

13 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Sorry but old guys tend to repeat themselves over and over, don't they.......... but I do love that dark blue kit! I hope we keep wearing it  as we  seem to win games when playing  wearing this kit! Maybe it's our lucky talisman! 

I will try not to mention this again! 

It was the normal grey away top we wore last night not the blue anniversary top.  The grey one is fine but the blue one is sensational! While mentioning the anniversary top it is worth thanking all the jersey sponsors, especially Just Employment Law, who allow that top to be worn unbranded - didn’t have to do that but all part of the excellent sponsorship that they afforded us