League Leaders v. Airdrieonians

7 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Will it? That gives us 40 points. But if either Falkirk or Cove win their remaining 3 games they end up with 41? 

But remember we are playing both those clubs. But yeah. If Cove beat us we have to win our last 2 games to make sure.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

48 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

For clean sheets, It was mentioned in the Thistle Archive today, as an adjunct to game details. Wright this season; Fox in 2013; and Campbell in 1921!!

If Wright is fit for Tuesday - who will be in goal? I honestly wouldn't like to choose that one!!

I'm sure someone else will update you with the league wins. I think 1932 with 11.

Sneddon will be in goal. Made a couple of good clearances today.

3 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

If we beat e.g. Cove and draw with Montrose and get 4 points and lose to Falkirk and they win their other 2 games as well, then they win the league? 

Beat Cove on Tuesday (which is not a given) then a draw on Thursday v Falkirk secures promotion.

Edited by Barney Rubble

14 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Will it? That gives us 40 points. But if either Falkirk or Cove win their remaining 3 games they end up with 41? 

Yes but if we draw with Cove and beat Falkirk  then neither can reach 41.

Hope we can find some energy and legs for Tuesday otherwise I suspect we will have to beat Falkirk and Montrose. 

Light training and lots of massage for the players also some time off. They are as fit and sharp as they need to be! 

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Beat Cove on Tuesday (which is not a given) then a draw on Thursday v Falkirk secures promotion.

Yes. DD had posted above 4 points but as you point out it has to be in the next two games. I guess that’s what he meant. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

cove are part time are they not

surely we should be ready for this on Tuesday

btw a big shout for our young keeper Mr Sneddon today

had a great second half  

between the sticks on tuesday  :thumbsup2:

hopefully banzo and doc make it

bring it on  :fan:

as other posters have said  let's get out of this bloody league

According to McCall, Docherty has a bad one and hoping Bannigan is OK for Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, watties wallies said:

cove are part time are they not

surely we should be ready for this on Tuesday

btw a big shout for our young keeper Mr Sneddon today

had a great second half  

between the sticks on tuesday  :thumbsup2:

hopefully banzo and doc make it

bring it on  :fan:

as other posters have said  let's get out of this bloody league

Cove have a mixture of full and part time players I’m sure

On 4/23/2021 at 11:00 PM, jaggy said:

It's a big birthday for me tomorrow, so looking for a 6-0 win :lol:

well I'm happy with the 1-0 especially with the result at Falkirk. Great first half, struggled in the second, but Airdrie are a decent team and will take points from Falkirk & Cove I expect. Go for a win on Tuesday, but I'd take a point. I just hope Banzo or Doc are fit, losing both would be tough

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Well rewarded for my 45th wedding anniversary...Great first 45.   Second 45 a bit scary ..Hope it's not an omen..Mon the jags..

45 years married AND a Jags supporter... you’ve had a tough life.. I salute your indefatigability (as someone once said)... When you said “great first 45” I thought you meant your marriage! 

I’ve been married to Thistle for 51 years. Its been a love/hurt/joy/disappointment /high/low/low relationship mainly. But I’ve never divorced them although I’ve felt like walking out a few times. 

Seriously though... congratulations :clapping: