TELL ME I WAS RIGHT

Bobbyhouston

During the latter stages in phase one of the season Sena played a number of games to a very high standard and the team barely lost any goals.  Yes he did make mistakes against United which were very costly.  The manager could have taken him out there and then but gave him the chance against East Fife.  To be fair he really struggled in the first half and was taken out of the firing line which was completely the right thing to do for both player and team.  Do I think that means he’s finished as a centre back? Absolutely not and although there may still be discussions about where he will play in the team, I still think he’s got a lot of learning to go through and will hopefully continue to be managed well to get the best out of him.

While I would never deny any fan the right to have an opinion I think Sena deserves a bit more respect for the efforts he has put in so far this season and I certainly wish him nothing but a bright future given all he has had to go through to get to this stage of his career.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, michael m said:

During the latter stages in phase one of the season Sena played a number of games to a very high standard and the team barely lost any goals.  Yes he did make mistakes against United which were very costly.  The manager could have taken him out there and then but gave him the chance against East Fife.  To be fair he really struggled in the first half and was taken out of the firing line which was completely the right thing to do for both player and team.  Do I think that means he’s finished as a centre back? Absolutely not and although there may still be discussions about where he will play in the team, I still think he’s got a lot of learning to go through and will hopefully continue to be managed well to get the best out of him.

While I would never deny any fan the right to have an opinion I think Sena deserves a bit more respect for the efforts he has put in so far this season and I certainly wish him nothing but a bright future given all he has had to go through to get to this stage of his career.

Just been out for a walk on a lovely day, and as often happens thoughts wandered to matters Thistle. I had composed in my head a post for this thread on the forum, but when I got home I found that MM had already typed it for me. Very considerate!

1 hour ago, michael m said:

We should also remember that he was put in defence because our regulars were injured. I think he is better in midfield. The issue there is that Bannigan and Docherty are ahead of him there at the minute.

29 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

We should also remember that he was put in defence because our regulars were injured. I think he is better in midfield. The issue there is that Bannigan and Docherty are ahead of him there at the minute.

Agree. If i remember correctly this is why Breen was sent back to Rangers, because we had enough cover which included Sena. Not been as good since the restart, but i think he will prove to be a good player.

59 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree. If i remember correctly this is why Breen was sent back to Rangers, because we had enough cover which included Sena. Not been as good since the restart, but i think he will prove to be a good player.

So....because of Sena, Breen was sent home and Tiffoney arrived, resulting in a huge improvement in our attack. 
Or, thanks to Sena we are top of the league.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So....because of Sena, Breen was sent home and Tiffoney arrived, resulting in a huge improvement in our attack. 
Or, thanks to Sena we are top of the league.

In a roundabout way you are sort of correct. Breen went back December/January time if i remember correctly. Just before the restart we then got another young player on loan from Rangers but he went back because Williamson came back quicker than expected, then we got Tiffoney.

3 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

as you well know BH, the real reason we're doing well recently is all down to our online manager Big Wull wielding his virtual hairdryer in a supportively menacing manner :thumbsup2:

Correct! And to be fair, I'll let the players take the credit and I'll stay in the background.

I am quite astonished at the turn -a- round over the last month or so. I thought we had become a 'seaside' league club what with the canal and such like. I am now quite excited that we might actually win this division. It was only recently that I started to buy pay to view, and whilst nowhere near the excitement of actually being at a game I felt, at the very least, connected.

This football club will always remain 'special' to me and it's attempts to retain, through pay to view, at least a link, has been  impressisve.

It seems to me that, whilst in almost perpetualyl struggles to survive, it does just that.s Perhaps with better luck, we  might thrive after this season.

Just saying.

Y'know. Hopeful like.

• Like 1